Why become a member? ×

Low morale?

Kiwi

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1340639086' post='1707418']
It may actually be because a lot of what is happening to folk all over the UK is making people angry and they a letting of steam on here. Just today I read about vulnerable people put at risk by a failing care system, housing benefit being withdrawn for under 25s, regionally set benefits (does anyone thing this will result in claimants in metropolitan areas getting more?), .

That's all on just ONE DAY!!
[/quote]

You make my earlier point most eloquently. :lol: :P :)

[color=#ffffff] [/color]
[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1340623099' post='1707043']
As it's not bass-related, Off Topic is what it is - which is a reflection of wider society. It's not a [i]necessary [/i]forum for the continuation of the good things that BC does for sure, but if it were to go then BC would be a far less interesting place, IMHO.

I think Bilbo does a great job, for what it's worth - OT shouldn't be rigorously policed. It's there for 'talking crap, really...' and God knows I'm sure most would agree that I talk enough crap in it! :D

I've said this many times before, and I'll say it again:

[b]If you don't like Off Topic and it upsets or irritates you for any reason, DON'T GO IN THERE![/b]

It's very simple isn't it, surely? :D
[/quote]

I'd agree with this

I only recently ventured into OT & maybe I,m selectively but haven't really witnessed a lot of what has been referred to, although to me it seems like a healthy mix of serious stuff ( eg depression) , random ramblings , dogs, cats and vascetomies. And of course Jaguargate was sosososo enthralling, full of wit, jibes, lies & insults .
It's my youngest daughter's 21st birthday today - don't know if I'm happy or sad - how did that happen???

I think OT is a credit to all concerned, mod especially. Given that times are so tough, society is so polarised and BC has such a wide range of people and opinions, it's amazing it doesn't descend into terminal abuse.

I've learned a lot about people and their beliefs, thought processes and values in OT. In real life, most of us mix mostly with people just like ourselves and like to hear our own views reflected back at us. No danger of that here. :D

Edited by fatback

I think Spacechicks post about her & Debs meeting/day out was a good one - even though not in OT - and more the sort of post that we should have, instead of, as has been pointed out, the doom n gloom morale-seeping posts.

Edited by Lozz196

I love Off Topic, I think it's great, it feels like home, but then I do love a good moan, I always click Daily Annoyances before I click Daily Awesomeness... But in the end I do click both.

I think the weather is sucking the life out of everything lately, even the economy doesn't seem quite so bad when the weather is nice. The weather was nice here today, but I spent the day hiding because the house is covered in scaffolding and men crawling all over it installing solar panels, and they'll be here again first thing tomorrow morning, fun, fun, fun!

I always seem to get to topics like this too late for some reason.

I can count a few members who only seem to use this forum as a place to sound off about politics and general social indignation in OT. It used to be something I got stuck into, but nowadays I can't be bothered. There's too much to worry about in real life for me to come on here in my own personal time only to be confronted with the stuff I have to worry about day in day out.

I don't know why some people burden themselves with such madly contentious topics. Surely if we're going through tough times the last thing you'd want to do is convert a site dedicated to your hobby/passion/profession in some cases into a quagmire of tired political threads and tit-for-tat arguing? Seems daft to come online after a long hard day and carry on at being really pissed off. Maybe I'm missing something.

As for me I'm going through a total transformation in life and my music is starting to take a back seat to other things so I don't feel like I have anything to post that is of any major relevance right now.

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1340663611' post='1707936']
As for me I'm going through a total transformation in life and my music is starting to take a back seat to other things so I don't feel like I have anything to post that is of any major relevance right now.[/quote]

Nothing to post of major relevance??
What about the total life transformation causing music to take a back seat?? Argh! :blink:

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1340664271' post='1707948']
Nothing to post of major relevance??
What about the total life transformation causing music to take a back seat?? Argh! :blink:
[/quote]

Maybe a bad choice of words, but my intention was always to have a career with it. Now it's likely that I'm knocking that idea on the head. Sad, but unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances likely. The inevitability of it makes it not worth talking about! :)

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1340669377' post='1708025']
Maybe a bad choice of words, but my intention was always to have a career with it. Now it's likely that I'm knocking that idea on the head. Sad, but unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances likely. The inevitability of it makes it not worth talking about! :)[/quote]

Ah. Commiserations, and thanks for not boring the crap out of us. ;)
No really, bummer. :(

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1340663611' post='1707936']
As for me I'm going through a total transformation in life and my music is starting to take a back seat to other things so I don't feel like I have anything to post that is of any major relevance right now.
[/quote]

It's always the same when you damn caterpillars start turning into butterflies...