Why become a member? ×

I'm officially obsessed!

SpaceChick

[quote name='debwilliams' timestamp='1340406860' post='1704264']
Now come on ... everyone on here will just find this normal behaviour ;)
[/quote]

Indeed, I feel the last time I just looked at the guitarist was when watching Animals as Leaders...and part of that reasoning is because they have no bassist!

A hint of gear stalking there, you may need this...

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1267118998' post='757331']
Here's How:[list=1]
[*]Move along side wall of venue until level with the front of the stage. Turn through 90 degrees
[*]Raise your hand and wave, as if to someone across the room
[*]Proceed smartly across the front of the stage, continuing to wave.
[*]Keep your head pointed forwards at all times while [i]swivelling your eyes [/i]to track the gear. Moving your head is the mark of the hobbyist.
[*]If someone on stage notices you, ignore them. If challenged, produce a card bearing the following words:
[/list]
"I cannot speak. Barbary pirates cut out my tongue. Can I have a go on your bass, mate?"
[/quote]

:)

Let's face it ... we really shouldn't be with the regular listeners. We deserve so much more ;) . When I saw Marcus Miller I remained very considerate to the regular listeners and, rather than ask them to stand up for me to go and take pics of his basses I climbed over two rows of seats :lol: .

It's great!

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1340434804' post='1704356']
Well? What bass was it? Finish? Fretboard wood? Backline if he was using it and pedalbaord if you could see it? Don't leave us hanging for details :lol:
[/quote]

Not sure what bass it was, but it was a shiny cherry wood bass with a rosewood fretboard. There was definitely a pedalboard but I was in the front row but on the other side of the stage.... They were also at the back of the stage.

Really cool looking guy though, must have been in his 60s and was really enjoying himself :D

Edited by SpaceChick

[quote name='debwilliams' timestamp='1340436932' post='1704365']
Let's face it ... we really shouldn't be with the regular listeners. We deserve so much more ;) . When I saw Marcus Miller I remained very considerate to the regular listeners and, rather than ask them to stand up for me to go and take pics of his basses I climbed over two rows of seats :lol: .

It's great!
[/quote]

Wouldn't mind seeing a pic of that ! :)

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1340437472' post='1704372']
Not sure what bass it was, but it was a shiny cherry wood bass with a rosewood fretboard. There was definitely a pedalboard but I was in the front row but on the other side of the stage.... They were also at the back of the stage.

Really cool looking guy though, must have been in his 60s and was really enjoying himself :D
[/quote]

And you call yourself obsessed! You need some more practice at this clearly ;)

i saw this show last week in Newcastle, i couldn't identify the bass as the stage was pretty gloomy and i was sitting in the upper circle.
The gear stalking method only really works when the stage is easy to get to and not too high, at the theatre royal i would have had to climb onto the stage to be able to identify the gear.
Matt

ok a quick check in the souviner programme and a google search leads me to this guy

http://www.youtube.com/user/greyman45

Kevin Powell, he doesn't seem to have a public web page, he's played with a few big names and done quite a bit of tv work.

No clear picture of his bass though, shame as it sounded great and i'd love to know what it is.

Matt