Why become a member? ×

Mini Moog Software FREE !

lowdown

Mini Moog VSTi will be free for one day only on [b]JUNE 21st.[/b]

[url="http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/minimoogv/minimoogv-original.html"]http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/minimoogv/minimoogv-original.html[/url]

Garry

[quote name='BarnacleBob' timestamp='1339761168' post='1693855']
Do you need the Dongle to activate it though? I've noticed recently that the demo versions need the dongle and that ain't free though it is refundable with a full purchase.

BB
[/quote]

That sh*t pisses me off. I remember Line 6 offered a supposedly "free" version of their "pod farm" software, only you have to spend £25 on a dongle to get it! I purposely don't buy any software that needs one of these stupid dongles, not least because most software that needs it has already been cracked, meaning the only people who are losing out are the people who actually have to put up with using a sometimes much needed USB slot for a pointless bit of plastic.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1339764277' post='1693942']
That sh*t pisses me off. I remember Line 6 offered a supposedly "free" version of their "pod farm" software, only you have to spend £25 on a dongle to get it! I purposely don't buy any software that needs one of these stupid dongles, not least because most software that needs it has already been cracked, meaning the only people who are losing out are the people who actually have to put up with using a sometimes much needed USB slot for a pointless bit of plastic.
[/quote]

It's not a gift, it's a loss leader, and the assumption is that you already have a dongle, as you need one to run the software that you SHOULD have purchased e.g. Syncrosoft / iLok etc...

[quote name='jaydentaku' timestamp='1339768009' post='1694041']
I think the only catch is, you can gain access to the back panel as you can in the current version.
[/quote]

Suits me down to the ground, if I can't get a sound I like then no loss there :D

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1339767280' post='1694021']
It's not a gift, it's a loss leader, and the assumption is that you already have a dongle, as you need one to run the software that you SHOULD have purchased e.g. Syncrosoft / iLok etc...
[/quote]

Yes i know, loss leader. I'm just saying I am not taking part in any of that crap.

used to have stand alone demos of Arturia Prophet 5, Jupiter 8 and YAM CS80 - not time limited but feature disabled. Download, Midi up and away I went. Lost them when my laptop totally self destructed - latency wasn't all it could be due to lack of processor power but still useable.

Now even after installing the softlicenser software and any demo software it still requires a dongle. Extract from activation email....

.........Detailed installation instructions:

Nota : This software is protected by e-Licenser and does not require any dongle.

A Syncrosoft protection key (also called USB dongle) may be required in order to
test this demo version . If you have bought some recent Steinberg products (Cubase
SX for example) you might already have this USB dongle . Otherwise, thanks to our "No
Key, No Problem" offer , you can order a syncrosoft key with us online.
If you send back the key within the two months following the purchase
date, you will be reimbursed for both the price of shipment and the key.
This offer is valid for up to two months after the purchase date,
after which the key cannot be returned...........

contradicts itself right away :blink: not too clued up on this so maybe i am missing something

BB

I have a Steinberg/Syncrosoft key for Nuendo 5.5 and an iLok account for a lot of other stuff.
Both will take many licenses. [iLok over five hundred i think]
If you run your DAW from a Laptop, i can understand some folk having a moan about using two USB ports for keys/dongles,
but on a desktop with eight USB ports it's not a problem.

Also with Steinberg/Syncrosoft you can transfer your licenses.

Garry

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1339829635' post='1694948']
Also, if you're running your DAW on a laptop and need USB sockets then you could always get a hub - cheap as chips.
[/quote]

Yep, Hubs work fine for keys/dongles but not so good [sometimes] for running Audio interfaces.

Garry

iLok account is just for storing licenses - nothing more or nothing less.
From a $20.00 plug in to $2000.00 top end Orchestral sample library.
You can transfer licenses between accounts, insure your software against theft or loss.

Garry

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1340282410' post='1702228']
NVM found it: [url="https://www.facebook.com/arturia2/app_273259112707534"]https://www.facebook.com/arturia2/app_273259112707534[/url]
[/quote]

Sorry didn't see your post well done for tracking it down!