Why become a member? ×

I've had an epiphany.

I reviewed the Gallien-Krueger MB800 with my Shuker bass a couple of weeks ago for Guitar Interactive Magazine. My Shuker has a similar tone to an American Spector owing to the choice of pickups and electronics. I have to say, they sounded great together. The MB800 is now my favourite 'lightweight D Class head'. It really is stonkingly good. A nice pairing!

I have the MB500, which is similar I think. I've had it a few weeks, been using my old Ibanez Blazer and Roadster mainly but just took my humble Spector NS2000 along to rehearsal, and... Wow. Seemingly instant Eddie Jackson / Rex Brown tone. That boost channel is amazing. I've been bouncing around like a loon all day, can't stop grinning! I'm so impressed I'm just about to buy another Euro Spector to replace the one I sold a few months back.

Spector and GK, a match made in heaven. Anybody want to buy my Ibanez Roadster, I no longer have any need for it :)

• Like 1

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1337956366' post='1668037']
I had an epiphany about two months ago when I bought some Warwick EMP 40-100s. They are incredible strings.
[/quote]

So that would be an Incredible String Brand?

...sorry it's Friday afternoon

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1337973990' post='1668348']
I had an Epifani, but I sold it a while back.

I'll get my coat then and leave with the epi-Faaaar-nie joke.
[/quote]ha ha... i was scrollin slowly down waiting for that one... there she pops...