Why become a member? ×

Win a Warwick Robert Trujillo Artist Series signature Bass!

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1337798377' post='1665690']
Chances are you could buy a new car nevermind tyres![/quote]

TBH I paid £425 for my current car and some parts of it actually work. :)

To be fair I bought the car in Feb when my old one failed its MOT at an inopportune moment, and if it gets me to work for one more week it will have paid for itself in saved rail fares. It shouldn't be twice as cheap to drive to work as it is to take public transport. Madness. :/

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1337797042' post='1665664']
Because, mods on forums aren't generally keen on people advertising without their permission. This is a form of advertising, as it will involve you "liking" their page and adding an app which will be used to... advertise their products. That's kind of how these things work.
[/quote]

Just having somebody from Warwick with the username Warwick_Official could be seen as advertising though surely ;)

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1337798220' post='1665686']
Do you get out much? :)

It's a facebook page, and the guy is offering members the chance to win a bass. Chances are alot of people on here would never have seen the competition to enter without this thread. Yes, it helps advertise Warwick's, but i really don't get the problem. Don't enter and succumb to the ruthless advertising regime! :rolleyes:
[/quote]

3 posts into this debate and you have already descended into personal attacks. Congrats. Listen, this is about the interests of the people who run basschat. The reason people don't like advertising on their websites is that they are hijacking their audience for their own personal gain without permission. I'm sure if they did ask them it would be fine but just sticking this advert up without any permission is like stealing advertising space from the banners. Obviously you don't own a website so this is not a concern for you but that doesn't mean it is ok.

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1337801087' post='1665759']
Just having somebody from Warwick with the username Warwick_Official could be seen as advertising though surely ;)
[/quote]

Certainly is.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1337801105' post='1665761']
3 posts into this debate and you have already descended into personal attacks. Congrats. Listen, this is about the interests of the people who run basschat. The reason people don't like advertising on their websites is that they are hijacking their audience for their own personal gain without permission. I'm sure if they did ask them it would be fine but just sticking this advert up without any permission is like stealing advertising space from the banners. Obviously you don't own a website so this is not a concern for you but that doesn't mean it is ok.
[/quote]

Have ran two internet forums in the past, owning domains and renting server space :). Your entitled to your opinion, and i am entitled to mine, let's leave it at that for our discussion, shall we? :)

Apologies for arguing in this thread and derailing, back on topic for a great competition!

Certainly is.
[/quote]

There is the 'Affiliates Forum' where business can ply their wares, admittedly it does say 'small business', but all the same, perhaps to save arguments, this post should be moved there?

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1337798277' post='1665688']
£1200 or so i think, Korea Warwick rather than German :)
[/quote]

do the korean warwicks feel more or less like handling a gnarled broom handle than the german warwicks? ;)

i <3 the tone of warwicks but i fear id need a stunt double to play it for me :o

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1337802052' post='1665775']
do the korean warwicks feel more or less like handling a gnarled broom handle than the german warwicks? ;)

i <3 the tone of warwicks but i fear id need a stunt double to play it for me :o
[/quote]

Gotta love the feel of wood! [don't take that out of context]. Never played a Korean one actually, only German, here's my chance! B)

[/quote]

You just don't help yourself, let the mods deal with mod stuff. If they need to they will.

Why is there a debate about this? Your being offered the chance to win a free new bass! If the guy at Warwick hadn't posted it up someone else hopefully would have anyway, and again, your in with a chance of a free bass!

[i]Sigh.[/i]

We do this a lot.

Thanks for the heads up, Warwick - I took a look at your page, and decided I would like to enter your competition. [i]After all[/i], I said to myself, [i]it's no worse than the other users spamming their f***ing "Like" requests.[/i]

I'm down to earth like that, you see.

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1337803420' post='1665808']
why don't people just set up a dummy FB and email for these sort of things anyway?

Personally not worried it's easy to delete emails.
[/quote]

WHAT! You mean LIE! :o This is the internet, you know. Please have some standards!

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1337803033' post='1665802']
I almost signed up for this until I saw that you have to give permission to allow another company to bombard your email address with as much crap as they like as often as they like. Because I didn't like those terms I didn't sign up for it, dead easy.
[/quote]

I think that's in the terms and conditions of every e-mail service, [i]ever[/i].

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1337803665' post='1665817']
I think that's in the terms and conditions of every e-mail service, [i]ever[/i].
[/quote]
True. I never sign up for anything if I can help it. I actually have 3 different email accounts and check them a couple of times a month at most. And then it's just Science Magazine updates that I never bother to read. I'm not the most sociable person on the planet.

[quote name='blackmn90' timestamp='1337802568' post='1665790']
You just don't help yourself, let the mods deal with mod stuff. If they need to they will.

Why is there a debate about this? [i]Your[/i] being offered the chance to win a free new bass! If the guy at Warwick hadn't posted it up someone else hopefully would have anyway, and again, [i]your[/i] in with a chance of a free bass!
[/quote]

*You're and *you're.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1337801615' post='1665767']
Have ran two internet forums in the past, owning domains and renting server space :). [i]Your[/i] entitled to your opinion, and i am entitled to mine, let's leave it at that for our discussion, shall we? :)

Apologies for arguing in this thread and derailing, back on topic for a great competition!
[/quote]

*YOU'RE. Listen mate, I am happy to cease this discussion whenever you want, you're the one who brought it up.

Edited by EdwardHimself

There's no need for this guys, either sign up for it or don't, it's a generous offer from Warwick and nice of them to make sure this forum hears about it rather than relying on word spreading from facebook. :)

Out of interest, who is it at Warwick that posts? I've had a chat with Harald about a potential endorsement and though it didn't work out, he seems like a nice guy and I've only heard good things about the other guys there.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1337804017' post='1665825']
*YOU'RE. Listen mate, I am happy to cease this discussion whenever you want, you're the one who brought it up.
[/quote]

Great idea, dude. PM is also a good medium.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1337804017' post='1665825']
*YOU'RE. Listen mate, I am happy to cease this discussion whenever you want[size=5][b]; [/b][/size]you're the one who brought it up.
[/quote]
;)

Edited by Kev

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1337804989' post='1665852']
So, how is the gift horse's mouth?
[/quote]

Hmmm... I think the patient will live; although they will be troubled by strong feelings of [i]regret [/i]and [i]jesus f***ing christ[/i]. In my professional veterinary opinion, of course.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1337805525' post='1665860']
well actually semicolons are for making opposing statements.
[/quote]
Incorrect, but i'm really not having that discussion in this thread...

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1337805525' post='1665860']
well actually semicolons are for making opposing statements.
[/quote]

And capital letters are used as the first letter of a sentence!

BAM! I OWN YOU! I f***ing OWN YOU! AWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOGA! [i][b]YOUR [/b][/i]ASS IS MINE!

Nah, I'm just f***ing with you :)