Why become a member? ×

2002 MIA Fender Precision (tobacco sunburst)

Timus

Hi folks,

I have a 2002 MIA Fender Precision (tobacco sunburst) that I bought in the US a few years ago. It is in excellent condition, it still has the original fender hard case, and even the original labels and receipt. I'm just wondering what's it worth?

Thanks in advance,

Tim R

Scotland

[quote name='Timus' post='180531' date='Apr 19 2008, 03:16 PM']Hi folks,

I have a 2002 MIA Fender Precision (tobacco sunburst) that I bought in the US a few years ago. It is in excellent condition, it still has the original fender hard case, and even the original labels and receipt. I'm just wondering what's it worth?

Thanks in advance,

Tim R

Scotland[/quote]

im not quite sure on value £450+??

anyone???

but anyway im interested!!!

and i wouldnt mind seeing pictures

:)

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='180598' date='Apr 19 2008, 05:29 PM']im not quite sure on value £450+??

anyone???[/quote]

Ive recently bought 05 s1 SunBurst with Maple neck USA for 475 in mint nick with case candy, but a mate got a Butterscotch Maple 03 s1 USA mint with case but no tags for 325.

So i suppose anywhere inbetween?

Dave

[quote name='BassManKev' post='180623' date='Apr 19 2008, 06:05 PM']wernt they like £700 new??[/quote]

£825 RRP, £729 or less shop price depending on colour i think?

My mate got an unbelievable bargain, the ad was even 5 weeks old when he found it, I cant believe what he got it for!

I got my (mint at the time) 2004 USA S1 Jazz (sunburst) for £275! But that was a silly good deal based on connections

Sooo.....
...I reckon between £450 and £500
Si

Edited by Sibob

To be honest I'm not sure weather to sell or not at the moment. Truth is I started life as a drummer but after band practice we used to swap instruments and I always played the bass - and wasn't too bad. When the band ended I sold the kit and got on with life but a few years ago I decided to see if I could learn how to play bass properly. While I did learn how to play 'a bit' I also learned I was nowhere near as good a bass player as I was a drummer.. So to sell or not to sell. I really don't know, either way its too much of a bass for a lightweight player like me.

Not the best pic - but here one I took earlier:

[quote name='Sparky' post='186178' date='Apr 26 2008, 09:25 PM']any chance of unveiling a shot of the full bass? looks the schnizzle from the cheeky tease you've already posted!![/quote]

You don't need this, you've got all the Precision Bass a man could ask for Mr Sparky :)

• 4 years later...

Funny setting these quotes from just a few years ago, you're lucky to get one for less than £600 these days since Fender put their prices up, and when somebody recently put a wanted ad up willing to pay £500 for one all he got was 'good luck' type responses!

[quote name='Timus' timestamp='1208630699' post='180674']
To be honest I'm not sure weather to sell or not at the moment. Truth is I started life as a drummer but after band practice we used to swap instruments and I always played the bass - and wasn't too bad. When the band ended I sold the kit and got on with life but a few years ago I decided to see if I could learn how to play bass properly. While I did learn how to play 'a bit' I also learned I was nowhere near as good a bass player as I was a drummer.. So to sell or not to sell. I really don't know, either way its too much of a bass for a lightweight player like me.

Not the best pic - but here one I took earlier

IF IN DOUBT KEEP IT!!!!!!!!

IF
[/quote]

Innit!

I saw the post that said "....oh, about £700 new..." and immediately knew that this thread was at least 3 years old!

Can't believe how much they cost these days, I'm amazed anyone's bothering to buy them new when there's so much out there for the same or less money!

Truckstop