Why become a member? ×

Mooer Green Mile and Ana Delay

GremlinAndy

I'm pretty booked up with gigs and recording until Sunday 10th but intend to do video demo's for them the following week. I've done the vid demos for the OC2 and Octamizer as well so need to get the finishing touches done!!

The reverb should be available for try out if a few folks want to try it soon.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1338238290' post='1671490']
I'm pretty booked up with gigs and recording until Sunday 10th but intend to do video demo's for them the following week. I've done the vid demos for the OC2 and Octamizer as well so need to get the finishing touches done!!

The reverb should be available for try out if a few folks want to try it soon.
[/quote]

id be up for trying it if you werent so far away dude!

andy

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1338241162' post='1671581']
I'll post it to ya mate for a tryout. Let me get the new recording out the way (may be useful to have when we hit the studio on the 9th) then I'll get it off to a few folks
[/quote]

cool man. can't wait!

andy

I'd love to hear a better demo too. I was thinking about this pedal for three applications - one is a nice chorus-y detune.

Another is to pitch shift an octaver back up an octave, to get the analog octave tone, but at the normal playing pitch instead of an octave down. This might work with the Pitch Box before the octaver, if the warbling doesn't mess up the tracking, or after the octaver.

Last bit of fun was to put this before distortion in my blended loop, an octave or maybe a 12th up, for that Akai Unibass type of bass+guitar effect.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey dude,

Recording went awesome. So so happy with what we have achieved. Massive step forwards for us.

The Mooer stuff did not get used for this session. The Reverb is currently with Oli from Aulos. If he decides to send it back I'll pass it around! :)

Hopin to get round to doing a full video demo of the pitch box in the next week or two.

[quote name='phagor' timestamp='1338290708' post='1672124']
Another is to pitch shift an octaver back up an octave, to get the analog octave tone, but at the normal playing pitch instead of an octave down. This might work with the Pitch Box before the octaver, if the warbling doesn't mess up the tracking, or after the octaver.

[/quote]

I don't think you'd get any kind of useable tracking from placing the pitchbox before a low octave, Octave pedals generally require a nice round/bass signal to track well. You might get some cool glitch weirdness, but I'd probably pop the pitch-box after the octaver. I've just ordered an Earthquaker Devices Organizer which essentially does this, but with the potential of two up and two down at the same time! ;)

Si

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1339841693' post='1695164']
Hey dude,

Recording went awesome. So so happy with what we have achieved. Massive step forwards for us.

The Mooer stuff did not get used for this session. The Reverb is currently with Oli from Aulos. If he decides to send it back I'll pass it around! :)

Hopin to get round to doing a full video demo of the pitch box in the next week or two.
[/quote]

cool glad it went well!

i wouldnt mind a lend of them if its ok man? but may wait until i have sorted my cab situation out? can't believe the lack of interest!

andy

It looks like this thread has become a general Mooer pedals review place, so I thought you might like to know about my Hustle Drive.

I've it for a few days now, so it seems like time to post a few thoughts on it. Caveats here: (1) I'm pretty new to distortion and overdrive effects in general and (2) my goals for overdrive and distortion might be a bit unusual, I'm usually looking for something to thicken up, or vary, my sound a bit, not a full-on distortion effect. My tone ideal (without effects ) is the sound I get from ancient (5+ year old) set of flats ... nice and muted/thumpy :)

So ... the Hustle Drive. It's allegedly an OCD clone but comparing it to the youtube videos I've seen it's maybe in the same ballpark, but not quite there. Comparing it to the pedals I have, it's closest to the [sfx] Black Dragon, that is, it's definitely in distortion territory, a harsher sound than overdrive. In LP mode and with drive set to middle through to high, it's clearly in the same ballpark as the Black Dragon. With drive set from middle through to low, it's possible to set it up so it's touch sensitive. With a bit of care with the built-in tone control, you can get something that approximates to the 'fliptop' settings on a Tech21 VT Bass. Close-ish, but not spot on. The biggest negative on this pedal is that the volume control is quite sensitive ... for the sounds I like, and with an active bass, the unity gain setting is between 8:00 and 9:00. Finnicky to get right with that tiny control, but of course the tiny control does mean that you're unlikely to knock it off your chosen setting once you've found it.

So far, I've not mentioned the HP mode ... reason is, I personally didn't get on with it. Best left to someone else to comment I think. The manual suggests it's got a bass boost, plus a progressive treble boost as the drive is turned up. I'm not sure the 'bass' boost is what a bass-player would call 'bass', but I couldn't figure out what the selected frequency was, only that the sound didn't work for me.

Given I'm not finding the HP mode useful, I'm now wondering if I should remove the switch, in order to mount larger knobs on the volume and tone controls and get back a bit of ease of adjustment on the volume control.

Overall ... I'm happy with it, and it will have a place on my board as soon as I have a daisy chain that copes with more than 6 pedals. Yep ... I'll have 7 1590A pedals on my pedaltrain nano :)

Andy

I love the form factor of these lil babies! I'd be very interested in adding the Green Mile, Hustler, Black Secret, Ultra Drive and Metal Blade pedals to the 'must try' list! I have a 'parallel effects loop' I could drop a pair of these in to for a bit of dirt in my signal! Nice! - but which do I get first?? Lol

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1340019094' post='1697606']
I'd be very interested in adding the Green Mile, Hustler, Black Secret, Ultra Drive and Metal Blade pedals to the 'must try' list!
[/quote]

Why stop there ? You missed out the Blues Crab, Flex Boost and Cruncher from Mooer's boost/overdrive/distortion range :)

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1340049162' post='1698353']
Why stop there ? You missed out the Blues Crab, Flex Boost and Cruncher from Mooer's boost/overdrive/distortion range :)
[/quote]

The depths of my pockets are a limiting factor! ha! These pedals do look great though!

• 4 weeks later...

Used the Pitchbox for a couple of gigs and rehearsals and I love it.

Sounds proper digital and bit-crusherrrrr like! I mainly use the detune function because the chorus sound quite 'steppy' and is perfect for dubstep type lines and drones. The chorus on my ME20b is rounded and smooth in comparison.

The harmony function also sounds quite computery, but used with a little fuzz rounds it off nicely and is well usable for huge epic soundscapey type stuff.

I just love the electronic sound these give off, love the size and I especially love that you get a sticker with it! Shimverb next on the list!

Truckstop

• 2 weeks later...

I've just noticed that they have added a few new ones:

Octave
http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/mooer/pureoctave

Distortion
http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/mooer/ragemachine

Echo
http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/mooer/micro/mxx1

very tempted by the octaver.