Why become a member? ×

Mooer Green Mile and Ana Delay

GremlinAndy

I decided as these were cheap, and more importantly, small, (as room on my pedaltrain jr is at a premium) ... I'd give em a go.
Result:
Well, I haven't given them a full volume outing yet, just a low volume, living room noodle but I'm actually really pleasantly surprised by the "Green Mile" tube screamer clone. It's gonna get a place on the board.
Bear in mind, I haven't got a real tube screamer to a-b with... So I have no point of reference. I simply like it.
The Ana Delay. Well it sort of does what you'd expect. It's my first foray into a delay pedal, so forgive my naive appraisal... But I'm not convinced I'd ever use delay on my bass.
On one hand, It does what I expected it to do. On the other I'm not sure it's a desirable effect for me.
I have mixed feelings about this mini pedal, as even though it's small, (a plus) ... it doesn't seem very versatile (obvious negative) and therefore I dunno if it has a place on my board. Especially as I am expecting a "Dispatch Master" to arrive tomorrow, which is a delay and echo in one pedal. ....I think.
The dispatch master can hopefully replace the "Hall of Fame" AND the "Ana Delay", in one pedal. Assuming it compares well and is versatile, of course.
I'll keep you posted, but I'd love to hear if anyone else has any thoughts on the Mooer mini pedals, and which, if any, are worthwhile recommendations!
...Oh and has anyone tried the "Lovepedal - Baby Echo" ? They quote it as being "studio quality". ;)

Thoughts welcomed!

Edited by GremlinAndy

Ant on here has an Exho baby and he raves about it.

Me and Ant have just ordered a pair of these Mooer pedals each - I emailed them direct and bluntly asked for discount if we bought 4 pedals direct. They were so excited they bit my hand off!! We have a Pitch Box and a ShimVerb each on the way.

Glad to hear they are quite good for what they are. There were some great bits of feedback about the Mooer stuff from NAMM this year so I'm looking forward to seein what they can do at under £50 a pedal.

Shep

I just got mine from e-bay which came in at £54 with included P&P from Hong Kong.
I didn't incurr an import duty either. (probably luck)

It's probably just worth mentioning that although for me the small size is an obvious advantage, it does mean they require external power as there's no battery compartment. (of course)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1337158456' post='1656241']
Ant on here has an Exho baby and he raves about it.

Me and Ant have just ordered a pair of these Mooer pedals each - I emailed them direct and bluntly asked for discount if we bought 4 pedals direct. They were so excited they bit my hand off!! We have a Pitch Box and a ShimVerb each on the way.

Glad to hear they are quite good for what they are. There were some great bits of feedback about the Mooer stuff from NAMM this year so I'm looking forward to seein what they can do at under £50 a pedal.

Shep
[/quote]

definitely a worthy purchase. Would love to hear how you get on with the Shim verb (I was very tempted by that one myself) and pitchbox.
keep us posted buddy!

Wow, I might get that Shimverb after checking demos when I get home. I was gonna get the Behringer Reverb Machine just for this mode, but this is tiny and true bypass. Can't listen to clips right now, but can anybody offer a comparison on that vs the Verbzilla Octo mode and Strymon Bluesky shimmer mode?

Can you get a decent self oscillation out of the delay? It's all I use my Carbon Copy for, making spaceship noises while I play by tweaking the delay time with the side of my foot!

Also the Black Secret looks like a nice RAT clone with an LM308 chip... My wallet is twitching!

Edited by dannybuoy

There's a seller on eBay that is the Chinese stockest but having spoke with their sales manager is seems they currently only have 3 stockists and none in Europe... So either eBay or buy direct if you are buying 4 or so of them...

I'll let you know how they are when they arrive.

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1337177963' post='1656719']
Wow, I might get that Shimverb after checking demos when I get home. I was gonna get the Behringer Reverb Machine just for this mode, but this is tiny and true bypass. Can't listen to clips right now, but can anybody offer a comparison on that vs the Verbzilla Octo mode and Strymon Bluesky shimmer mode?

Can you get a decent self oscillation out of the delay? It's all I use my Carbon Copy for, making spaceship noises while I play by tweaking the delay time with the side of my foot!

Also the Black Secret looks like a nice RAT clone with an LM308 chip... My wallet is twitching!
[/quote]
The Ana delay does self oscillate. If you put it up high. But it just seems to make one sound,,, Well yeah you can hange the note of it with the speed, Dunno if you'd be able to get much use out of it for that... But for the price and size possibly worth a punt?

Edited by GremlinAndy

My "Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master" arrived today. It's definitely on the board! GREAT PEDAL! Sounds truly awesome. Mixing the reverb and echo into the one pedal allows the delay to be used in an unobtrusive way to drive the reverb forever.

Parcel arrived from Mooer direct today - Speedy as hell - was sent on Thursday. very impressed. Customs had been all over it as it did look like a brick of Narcotics:
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/748d718a.jpg[/IMG]

Pretty cool little things, boxed nice with a little sticker:
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/f98ee896.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/71b0184a.jpg[/IMG]

Pedals them selves seem well made - the foot switches feel a little stiff like they could do with a little lube and the lower lip of the pedal is a little rough - but given the cost of these items they are fairly moot points:
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/e1f43602.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/982efdd9.jpg[/IMG]

Will be a couple of days before I can report back on the sound quality...

really interested in these! the shimverb looks very promising! if the pitch box is up to the task it could save me a little headache. as i want to have a whammy but i dnt have the room for a whammy, or the money for the eventide( i know its big but does alot more than the whammy!) and if these are ok can grab 2 and put a momentry switch on one so that its the smallest whammy ever! and then have the other for octave up harmony stuff!

andy

1st impressions are damn good.

The Pitchbox sounds fairly digital & and the 2 octave ups has an almost slight sample rate reduction thing going off, it's minor but really suits what I do so I love it. The down shift stuff sounds smooth and is mug better than I thought and the 2 octaves down is real sub like of your speakers can handle it. The harmony setting works well - it does seem the clean signal takes a slight volume drop but not that effects the overall sound.
The detune feature is amazing an turns the pedal into a chorus which is actually very good and sounds to me very much like the boss bass chorus. Pretty damn versatile and will certainly be going on my small board. One of the best £45 I've ever spent.

The Shim Verb is also good, thought slightly less bass friendly. The 'level' knob is really a blend from clean to wet meaning as you move away from the far left you start to remove bass to ad in reverb rather than layering it on top. With the level around 10:30-11 the effect is usable though you do drop a little volume.

The 3 reverb types are good and sound very nice. The actual tonal control from the colour knob is pretty excellent as well. The shimmer setting has a semi-harmony style thing going on adding a high drone harmony to the reverb - sounds like big synth pad stuff going off. For that setting alone it was worth it.

Good stuff!

I'm also interested in the PitchBox modded with a momentary switch. Do you think this is possible? It'd be nice to have an adjustable rise/fall on it....but not too necessary...beggars can't be choosers and all that :)

Si

I don't know if momentary switching would be an option but I can't imagine it would be a problem... I don't think I'd need it though. There is no form of swell/rise & fall in the pedal at all, it just jumps to the setting (like turning your octave pedal on).

Andy - 1 & 2 up and down, plus a number of steps each way too (1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th) etc allowing it to do proper harmony stuff.

I will do video demo's for both as the next ones I record, I have quite a lot on at the mo though so I expect it to be some weeks before that happens.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1337842923' post='1666139']
I don't know if momentary switching would be an option but I can't imagine it would be a problem... I don't think I'd need it though. There is no form of swell/rise & fall in the pedal at all, it just jumps to the setting (like turning your octave pedal on).

Andy - 1 & 2 up and down, plus a number of steps each way too (1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th) etc allowing it to do proper harmony stuff.

I will do video demo's for both as the next ones I record, I have quite a lot on at the mo though so I expect it to be some weeks before that happens.
[/quote]

cool sounds perfect! can't wait for the videos, just wish i had the money to just go for it!

andy

I've been looking at the Pitch Box for a while. Somebody posted a sound clip of it over on Talkbass:

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/tiny-pedals-1590a-pedals-833936/index15.html#post12573928"]http://www.talkbass....ml#post12573928[/url]

Sounds good, but maybe a bit warbly on the octave up. Detune sounds great.

Edited by phagor

After some time spent with both, the Pitch Box is a definite keeper. Yes its a little wobbly on the higher sounds but for it's price it's the best 'budget' pitchshifter I've had my hands on and is perfect for my smaller board!

Jury is still out on the reverb. It's a god pedal -but it was a punt to try and get me using more reverb... but it's just not me!