Why become a member? ×

Anyone ordering from Thomann?

Mickeyboro

[quote name='Gordon 'Thudmaster' May' timestamp='1335712954' post='1634862']
[b]Would just like to say that I've had a couple of dealings with Thomann and both have ended up in tears![/b]
[b]I wouldn't buy from them even if they were offering 'buy one get one free' [/b]
[/quote]

On the counter side, i've ordered loads through them and never had a single issue....

[b]Would just like to say that I've had a couple of dealings with Thomann and both have ended up in tears![/b]
[b]I wouldn't buy from them even if they were offering 'buy one get one free' [/b]
[/quote]

I have never ever seen or heard anyone ever complain about thomman. Everything I've ordered has been delivered really quickly at a great price. I saw one guy on here buy an amp, the money didnt clear because of an account issue and they still posted too him because of the fact he had past dealings. Thats superb customer service IMHO

[quote name='MuckedUpFunkies' timestamp='1335730095' post='1635198']
I have never ever seen or heard anyone ever complain about thomman. Everything I've ordered has been delivered really quickly at a great price. I saw one guy on here buy an amp, the money didnt clear because of an account issue and they still posted too him because of the fact he had past dealings. Thats superb customer service IMHO
[/quote]

+1 to this

[/quote]
Just out of interest, could you elaborate on this as I'm about to place an order with them (Sorry OP, I'm down in Somerset and won't be heading your way till August).

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1335713671' post='1634877']
On the counter side, i've ordered loads through them and never had a single issue....
[/quote]

It has been a while since I ordered anything but I, nor anybody else I know, have never had an issue either.

[quote name='bengreen49' timestamp='1335743518' post='1635443']
Don't like 'em. The website says 'in stock' and it isn't really and won't be for weeks. Time wasters.
[/quote]
Never seen that issue.
Everything that they say is in stock has arrived in 4 days.
I am currently waiting on them restocking an item - they say it will be in 11/05....let's see if that turns out to be true.

[quote name='bengreen49' timestamp='1335743518' post='1635443']
Don't like 'em. The website says 'in stock' and it isn't really and won't be for weeks. Time wasters.
[/quote]

if that's your experience, I'd hate that too. It's one of the things that annoy me the most, when a website states "in stock" and then they don't have it.

But Thomann uses that "semaphore" indicator and so far it's been accurate. I only order if it is green ("in stock"). The yellow one I think it says that they don't have something but they expect it on x date. I would not rely on that.

This is a company that once had trouble to get my money (thanks, paypal! :rolleyes: ) and instead of waiting to sort it out, they sent me an email "we can't process your payment but we sent you your items anyway, please pay us within 14 days, thank you". My speaker cab arrived two days later.
Sorry to sound like a fan, but all my dealings with them were perfect. Twice I wanted to return something (because I did not like it, not a fault of Thomann) and they were fast and very helpful there too.

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1335781844' post='1635815']
Yep, always been great for me too, just ordered an amp from them last wednesday, it showed up on friday morning. Pretty good I'd say.
Sorry you didn't post this thread last week, i could have sent it on to you for peanuts mate.
:(
[/quote]

There's a thought OP. Would it be worth me adding it to my order then posting it on to you?