Why become a member? ×

BC London Meetup - Saturday 26th May

Silvia Bluejay

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1337871392' post='1666770']
We haven't heard from Brummie, BigJim or thunderbird13 for a while. Hope they are still in or it might just end up with 4 or 5 of us. :unsure:

(4 or 5 quality people I hasten to add!) B)
[/quote]

2 girls, three boys, hey, we could form a band lol.

[quote name='Stingray5' timestamp='1337871395' post='1666771']
Good point, Dave. I just realized they have a 'James Bond' theme for my gig so I may well be sweating buckets in a tux.
What's the betting they don't throw in free Martini's though!? :D
[/quote]

Blimey, good luck with that. The thought of wearing a loose suit in this weather is enough to make me sweat, let alone a tight collar.

I doubt there will be any Martini's for you but at least the bear is cheap eh?

EDIT:Just realised you meant this weeks gig. Good luck with that. Hopefully its not in a Marquee.

Edited by dave_bass5

Ooops! They let me out at night again with my camera...

I have just been there for a gander

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r200/xt660/a21fa69c.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r200/xt660/e855a903.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r200/xt660/b9df5828.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r200/xt660/03a1693c.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r200/xt660/d9fb6a0a.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1337921834' post='1667417']
Ooops! They let me out at night again with my camera...

I have just been there for a gander

[/quote]

Blimey Fran, your living room is a mess. At least get the hoover out :-)

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1337871392' post='1666770']
We haven't heard from Brummie, BigJim or thunderbird13 for a while. Hope they are still in or it might just end up with 4 or 5 of us. :unsure:
[/quote]

Unfortuneatly it looks like I wont be able to make it , I have a training course in the morning and then family stuff to do in the afternoon - hope you have fun anyway and perhaps see you at the next one :)

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1337932626' post='1667497']
Blimey Fran, your living room is a mess. At least get the hoover out :-)
[/quote]

Yes and actually I've had to wait about 20 minutes for a bunch of rowdy m i n g e r s to leave before I could take that shot as they were drunk and disorderly.This one in particular fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on her way down :D

Edited by Grand Wazoo

I wonder if she is still there lol.
Last year there was a couple of rather drunk city types having, what can only be described as bad sex on that sofa. At least, they were trying their best to.

Right i have some bad, and rather embarrassing news. Ive been "asked" to work tomorrow morning in a rather forceful way, so it looks like i too will have to pull out as by the time im finished i doubt i'll much time to eat, wash and get reddy before leaving for the gig. If i can pop over i will but it will depend on what time i finish here.
I feel really bad about doing this so close but there isnt a lot i can do to get out of it.

If anything changes i will of course be there but if i dont see you all tomorrow have a good one.

Thanks BJ. I feel a bit like im letting the side down, especially after all your hard work, but yes, when work calls you have to go running (or limping in Fran's case;-)
I was supposed to be in on Sunday but the guy doing Sat has suddenly become "ill" over the last two days <_<

Looks like its gonna be a scorcher tomorrow! :D Make sure theres lots of piccies posted on here, and keep out the pub!
Love to be there, but got a 50 mile drive down to Alton Hants, to play Elvis and Achy Breaky Heart, etc, for the old folks. :blush:

Edited by Hobbayne

Don't worry, guys, it's a pity you can't make it, but it's just the way it is. I hope to organise another drink reasonably soon, if this goes OK, so we'll have another opportunity to meet up.

As we were saying on FB, those of us who will attend will have to [b]slap [/b]on some serious SPF and carry bottles of water :)

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1337973233' post='1668333']
You'll be spoiled, pampered and hand-fed grapes by two beauties, in the sunshine, by the river. Can't beat that :P :lol:
[/quote] Well, I was thinking more along the lines of putting your make-up on and mincing around in a dress. But, grapes sounds fine. Anyway, so who's these two beauties whats coming? ;-)

Remember... Pics, or it didn't happen... No fighting, please (so keep the conversation away from 'P v J' topics..!)

PS: @BJ... I don't know if all are aware of the obligatory 'Vicars & Hookers' costumes. Did you make it sufficiently clear..? :P

Edited by Dad3353