Why become a member? ×

BC Meetup in London where we make sure we actually meet up?

Silvia Bluejay

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1334062514' post='1610286']
I was thinking of late morning/lunchtime/afternoon rather than night, though, especially if the weather is nice. Would that make things slightly better?
[/quote]

I might be able to do a Sat in that case. If its a social club gig then i dont normally have to leave until late afternoon.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1334062857' post='1610294']
Ha, good. So let's also keep Saturday in the picture then.

Keep 'em coming guys. Grateful for your opinions.
[/quote]

Other than the 9th June im ok for an afternoon meet on the date posted previously.

If we're thinking about a pub in central London that is fair to all for access, how about The Montague Pike on the Charing Cross Road? In a former life it was The Marquee. It's a Lloyds Bar (Weatherspoons) so reasonably priced food and drink for Londinium. Not much arty going on there, and no music, but it's a popular place, big enough and sells booze

[quote name='billyapple' timestamp='1334083108' post='1610740']
If it's going to be afternoon, how about A BC'ers picnic. A four-pack of Spesh and a bag of pork-scratchings! Primrose Hill side of Regents Park, and nice pubs near-by if there's any rain?
[/quote]

Would absolutely love this! But it'd have to be subject to confirmation 24 hours earlier, due to the vagaries of The British Weather :) If it decides to rain the whole day we may well leave the pork scratchings at home and go directly to the pub.

I'm keen for this. The dates suggested are after my upcoming exams which suits. Somewhere not too pricey would also be on my ideal list - somewhere such as Chandos (a Sam Smith's place) is a personal favourite for sensibly priced beverages and a cosy atmosphere, just off Trafalgar Square, unless anyone would be averse to such a venue.

OK quick recap of suggestions so far.

Possible dates:

Sat 26/Sun 27 May
Sun 10 June
Sat 16/Sun 17 June

Places:

Hammersmith Riverside
South Bank
More London Riverside - Tower Bridge
The Montague Pike on the Charing Cross Road/St James's Park
Picnic in a reasonably central green space (including the above) if weather allows

I'd be perfectly happy with any of the above, but let's say that I suggest either Sat 26 or Sun 27 May at More London Riverside, as I've actually never been there - what's shown on the website looks nice. Meeting up around 12 or 1pm?
I imagine the place would also be suitable for a picnic if we decided to try our luck?

Let me know what you all think!

I'll tell you where is really nice for a picnic.. Greenwich. The park is lovely, and if the sun is on our side, we could go up by the Observatory and have a view over the whole of the smoke. If the weather is not on our side there are pubs, a great little noodle house, or even a venture to the also lovely Blackheath village

[quote name='billyapple' timestamp='1334169892' post='1612034']
I'll tell you where is really nice for a picnic.. Greenwich. The park is lovely, and if the sun is on our side, we could go up by the Observatory and have a view over the whole of the smoke. If the weather is not on our side there are pubs, a great little noodle house, or even a venture to the also lovely Blackheath village
[/quote]

Yes, I've been there and it's indeed lovely but... same objection as that re. Hammersmith - unfair to those Londoners who come from the west or north-west (in this case). It takes me more than an hour at the best of times to get there from where I live, and usually even longer to get back home (dunno why!).

Edited by bluejay

Dear Bluejay,

May I proffer some advice... ? :)

Remember that

1. you're dealing mostly with getting men to agree to turn up someplace in the future

2. these men are of the musician-type persuasion..

So my suggestion would be to find somewhere close to you, announce the location and the date and see who turns up. This will bear little or no relation to the number that said they will :D . You can't please all of the people all of the time...

[quote name='markstuk' timestamp='1334171787' post='1612088']
Dear Bluejay,

May I proffer some advice... ? :)

Remember that

1. you're dealing mostly with getting men to agree to turn up someplace in the future

2. these men are of the musician-type persuasion..

So my suggestion would be to find somewhere close to you, announce the location and the date and see who turns up. This will bear little or no relation to the number that said they will :D . You can't please all of the people all of the time...
[/quote]

Aye, that's pretty good advice, I reckon. Pull something out a hat, and tell us all where and when, and I'll pitch up.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1334169032' post='1612015']
OK quick recap of suggestions so far.

Possible dates:

Sat 26/Sun 27 May
Sun 10 June
Sat 16/Sun 17 June

Places:

Hammersmith Riverside
South Bank
More London Riverside - Tower Bridge
The Montague Pike on the Charing Cross Road/St James's Park
Picnic in a reasonably central green space (including the above) if weather allows

I'd be perfectly happy with any of the above, but let's say that I suggest either Sat 26 or Sun 27 May at More London Riverside, as I've actually never been there - what's shown on the website looks nice. Meeting up around 12 or 1pm?
I imagine the place would also be suitable for a picnic if we decided to try our luck?

Let me know what you all think!
[/quote]