Why become a member? ×

Sterling by Musicman Sub basses.

dave_bass5

Just noticed these on another website.

I know some people dont agree or like the SBMM range, and i know these wont be a patch on the originals (not my feelings, just anticipating
some replies;-)
I cant see a huge difference from the Ray34, i guess as with the original SUB range these are just cheaper versions of the Ray34. The bodies are made of different woods and i suppose the necks might be different. Never a fan of the pianted black neck on the original SUB.

Also noticed two new Ray34 CA colours. I like the Black but that pick guard would have to go.

Yeah I saw those 2 on a FaceBook link, pretty much instant GAS ("I don't need them, I don't need them, I don't need them"). Agreed on the paint on SUB necks, mine went shiny in the middle and started to drag. Stripped it off, did some coats of Danish Oil, knocked that back and now it feels great, nothing better feeling in my small stable.

[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1327516129' post='1512773']
£229 for a 4 string at Andertons. None in stock yet.
[/quote]

Damn, that's too tempting to pass on, I hope they are delayed so I can go off the idea.

It's funny but Andertons always seem to be the first to advertise new basses, long before they come out.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1327526199' post='1513016']
No, whats up with it?
[/quote]

The SUB one is totally hideous. massive slab of pointless tin. Like those terrible musicman copies on eBay.[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-String-Musicman-Sterling-Stingray-Bass-Guitar-Bridge-/130491072153?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item1e61dfbe99"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-String-Musicman-Sterling-Stingray-Bass-Guitar-Bridge-/130491072153?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item1e61dfbe99[/url]

[quote name='ben604' timestamp='1327597119' post='1514012']
This might well be a ridiculous question...do they do a 4 string version of the Stingray 5 body/pickguard shape?
[/quote]
I hate the SR5 shape, I have one, and it's great, but I'd prefer the Stingray 5 Classic shape.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='silentbob' timestamp='1333056045' post='1596893']
Been keeping an eye on Andertons website to see when they get stock of these. None in yet, but price has jumped from £229 to £299 for the 4-string, and from £249 to £329 for the 5-string. :angry:
[/quote]

Yep, I can't see a one @ £249 :(