Why become a member? ×

Please remove

tonyxtiger

Selling my NR thunderbird Deluxe. This was a prototype deluxe version with the following upgrades from the BaCH originals. It is the only one of it's kind. Below is the info from the BaCH distributor.

[indent]
[indent]

"it is a one-off bass. I had planned to make a whole series together with a Dutch associate who is in touch with Hanson.
We selected a standard TH-1 bass from BaCH out of a whole batch they sent us. The one with the best looking grain and attention to detail, made it to be this first BaCHbird Deluxe.
We replaced the entire (cheap ass) wiring with clothwire, orange drop capacitor, CTS pots (the neck pickup actually has a push/pull pot to switch it to single coil if desired) and Switchcraft jack input.
The machines heads were replaced by Gotoh Res-o-lite Reverse wind tuners. Historically correct shape and -very important- lightweight. No more neckdive!
The Hanson Chi-Sonic pickups were placed, making this bas sound [b]killer[/b]. Very nice growly midlows.
And to really put the icing on the cake we CNC cut a new -historically correct shaped- pickguard with bird logo engraved and filled with acrylic paint. Plus we added the word "Deluxe" on the pickguard at the location where the thumbrest was with the original Gibson NR Thunderbirds."[/indent][/indent]

I have also removed the logo and added a Gibson truss rod cover. It has also had a pro set up. Its a cool bass with great tones either in humbucking or single coil mode. Also included is a custom ox blood croc hard case.

Looking for offers around £700.00 or trades. This is a great price considering all the extra time and upgrades. Try finding a non reverse thunderbird at this price.

thanks for looking.

[attachment=95019:IMG_0581.JPG][attachment=95020:IMG_0583.JPG][attachment=95021:IMG_1122.JPG][attachment=95022:IMG_1116.JPG][attachment=95023:IMG_1121.jpg][attachment=95024:IMG_1120.jpg]

Edited by tonyxtiger

[quote name='Shaggy' timestamp='1323546787' post='1464529']
Damn, that's nice!!!

How do the Hanson p/ups compare to Mike Lulls, which are the usual upgrade of choice for these?
[/quote]
I've not heard the Lulls but the Chisonics will sound different I'm sure. You can hear them in Lakland basses [url="http://www.lakland.com/audio.htm"]here[/url].

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1323618417' post='1465066']
Am I being completely dim here... probably! :)

...but is this a Gibson copy?
[/quote]

I think they refer to it as a "tribute"

But yes, it's effectively a copy, made in Czechoslovakia as far as I'm aware

[quote name='tonyxtiger' timestamp='1323525810' post='1464198']
Selling my NR thunderbird Deluxe. This was a prototype deluxe version with the following upgrades from the BaCH originals. It is the only one of it's kind. Below is the info from the BaCH distributor.

[indent]
[indent]

"it is a one-off bass. I had planned to make a whole series together with a Dutch associate who is in touch with Hanson.
We selected a standard TH-1 bass from BaCH out of a whole batch they sent us. The one with the best looking grain and attention to detail, made it to be this first BaCHbird Deluxe.
We replaced the entire (cheap ass) wiring with clothwire, orange drop capacitor, CTS pots (the neck pickup actually has a push/pull pot to switch it to single coil if desired) and Switchcraft jack input.
The machines heads were replaced by Gotoh Res-o-lite Reverse wind tuners. Historically correct shape and -very important- lightweight. No more neckdive!
The Hanson Chi-Sonic pickups were placed, making this bas sound [b]killer[/b]. Very nice growly midlows.
And to really put the icing on the cake we CNC cut a new -historically correct shaped- pickguard with bird logo engraved and filled with acrylic paint. Plus we added the word "Deluxe" on the pickguard at the location where the thumbrest was with the original Gibson NR Thunderbirds."[/indent][/indent]

I have also removed the logo and added a Gibson truss rod cover. It has also had a pro set up. Its a cool bass with great tones either in humbucking or single coil mode. Also included is a custom ox blood croc hard case.

Looking for offers around £850.00 no trades. This is a great price considering all the extra time and upgrades. Try finding a non reverse thunderbird at this price.

thanks for looking.

[attachment=95019:IMG_0581.JPG][attachment=95020:IMG_0583.JPG][attachment=95021:IMG_1122.JPG][attachment=95022:IMG_1116.JPG][attachment=95023:IMG_1121.jpg][attachment=95024:IMG_1120.jpg]
[/quote]

Hi,

Please could you tell me a few things? Apart from changing the PUps,wiring and tuners, has anything else been changed? Is the bridge standard BaCH? Is the finish standard BaCH? Is the finish poly of nitro? Also please what is the neck width at the nut and the top fret? What is the weight of the Bass?

Thanks

Thanks for the nice comments.
Regarding the chi sonics there is a push pull pot for single coil (think fat biting jazz) or humbucking ( think guild / hagstrom)
Can't compare to the lulls as I don't have one, yet...

The changes on the bass are the pots, wiring, pickups, jack, pick guard, tuners. The bridge is original. The finish is original, poly I think except for the headstock face which I resprayed and added a Gibson truss rod cover.
Neck width and weight I'll need to check and get back to you but it feels pretty standard weight for a TBird. The neck is a bit thicker at the nut than a standard bird tho. Think more like a 70s one than current.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...