Why become a member? ×

Best - Technique - Ever!

pantherairsoft

I was doing some research into a few pedal alternatives to the whammy, hoping to find something that does not cut as much top end from my sound - While doing so, I found this 'pedal demo' of the Morpheus Bomber - Now, I'd like you to ignore the demonstration of the pedal (which is done very badly) and pay special attention to the bassists technique and the way in which he holds the bass - to be honest, when you start watching, its all you'll notice - wow :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ4wzPsYKsM

Quintin Berry i think. ? yeah hes been on before. great player.

[url="http://www.bassfrontiersmag.com/quintin-berry"]http://www.bassfront...m/quintin-berry[/url]

[u]Here he is with Mr Wooten[/u]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRTgAwE1110[/media]

Edited by daz

[quote name='BottomE' timestamp='1321478314' post='1439770']
No rules though i guess. It looks a bit limiting.
[/quote]

+1. Seems great as a novelty, if you want to hear a full gig/concert featuring just slap. To me, it does not look as if you could play any other style that way.

[quote name='clarkpegasus4001' timestamp='1321479720' post='1439799']
That has to be totally unique? i've never seen anything like it.
[/quote]

There's a reason for that... it sounds awful!

The technique might be interesting to watch, but his playing is just some cliched slap riffs and a LOT of poorly executed muting... add into that the awful sound that pedal is adding to the mix and it's just a poor demo all 'round IMO.

Edited by skej21

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1321552128' post='1440600']
See "blah blah blah" :) Maybe Im just envious as the two coolest looking basses Rics and T birds dont like me?
[/quote]

Hey Pete, i'll forgive your comments if you pretty, pretty please let me have your dreadfully heavy and God ugly Pre ernie Ball Stingray :) :lol: :) :o oh, well worth a try! :o

[quote name='clarkpegasus4001' timestamp='1321566630' post='1440858']

Hey Pete, i'll forgive your comments if you pretty, pretty please let me have your dreadfully heavy and God ugly Pre ernie Ball Stingray :) :lol: :) :) oh, well worth a try! :o
[/quote]

Ha almost got me to give it away there! Mine is actually the lightest Ray I have owned, lovely :o

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1321577756' post='1440974']
Ha almost got me to give it away there! Mine is actually the lightest Ray I have owned, lovely :)
[/quote]

Sorry folks if we have gone off the thread subject somewhat here, but......
Pete are they really THAT heavy? The only Stingray i've tried was from 1982, it wasn't that bad weight-wise yet it seemed comfy somehow? The neck seemed a bit fat for my small hands though.
Cheers in advance Tony.

[quote name='clarkpegasus4001' timestamp='1321596411' post='1441001']

Sorry folks if we have gone off the thread subject somewhat here, but......
Pete are they really THAT heavy? The only Stingray i've tried was from 1982, it wasn't that bad weight-wise yet it seemed comfy somehow? The neck seemed a bit fat for my small hands though.
Cheers in advance Tony.
[/quote]
Pm'd