Why become a member? ×

Surf Green............Ray34's!

iconic

Anything looks good in Surf Green and these are no exception

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Sterling-Ernie-Ball-Musicman-Stingray-Classic-/260879220434?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3cbd9cfed2"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Sterling-Ernie-Ball-Musicman-Stingray-Classic-/260879220434?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3cbd9cfed2[/url]

Oh yes. That is the Ray I need. Great colour, no uncomfortable forearm contour, and a great price. When I get some cash together (not soon!), I may be having one of those, assuming the weight is right. Don't suppose they do them with maple necks do they?

Check out the surf green 57 strat in the 'other musically related section' haha :) . I've never got on with stingrays, the pickup wasn't a comfortable anchor when i needed and i've always had problems with fretbuzz on the neck (i've only tried 4). I prefer the tone of a P bass but i'm not a confident player so the stinger makes me feel too exposed!! There's no doubt that the soft pastille colour guitars and basses are a serious contender to sunbursts but fancy wood facings can top them both if tasteful.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1320514733' post='1427862']
Lovely colour, one of my favourites - it's just a shame that a large percentage of it is obscured by that horrible big white plastic scratchplate & chrome control plate.
[/quote]

I'm a Rickenbacker man so an abundance of chrome and white plastic never bothered me. :) Besides, you paint a '57 Chevy in that colour and the chrome just adds to it IMO.

[quote name='iconic' timestamp='1320656530' post='1429335']
[i][size=5]Just had a reply back from the vendors, yes, they do these with maple necks....[/size][/i]
[/quote]

In green or 3TSB? The 3TSB comes with a maple neck, ive not seen the green with one yet.

Edited by dave_bass5

• 5 weeks later...