[/quote]

That ticks lots of ugly boxes for me too:
displeasing shape
scratchplate
flat headstock (odd shape too)
don't like the colour

oh, and it has a silly name apparently.

[quote name='apa' timestamp='1318413745' post='1401717']

I think before anyone critisises this bass think back to the law of the jungle.........

Your walking through the trees and come across a camp where there is a hut twice as ugly and twice the size of yours with a bed twice as ugly and twice the size of yours with a club resting against it twice as ugly and twice the size of yours. Then you hear a distant THUD....THUD....THUD.... of footsteps twice as loud and twice as ugly as yours. What do you do? stop and take the p*ss??

Just a thought :)

A
[/quote]

Well if the dozy tw*t has left his club outside his front door, and walked off as well, he's obviously lacking in brain capacity, so i would confuse him with large words such as discombobulated (What the hell does that actually mean, if its real?) until he gets angry and accidentally runs off a nearby cliff, then i would make his hut look better and live in it.

Back on topic, there are some fugly basses in this thread, i mean really f*ck ugly...

Liam

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1318452280' post='1402499']
alright alright, put the handbag down, Shirley.
[/quote]

and dont call me.......... etc :)

This is all assuming that its not HER bass. Cant be sexist about all this can we. In which case........... Nice bass Shirley :)

A

[quote name='LiamPodmore' timestamp='1318497660' post='1402797']

Well if the dozy tw*t has left his club outside his front door, and walked off as well, he's obviously lacking in brain capacity, so i would confuse him with large words such as discombobulated (What the hell does that actually mean, if its real?) until he gets angry and accidentally runs off a nearby cliff, then i would make his hut look better and live in it.

Back on topic, there are some fugly basses in this thread, i mean really f*ck ugly...

Liam
[/quote]

Can you get scatter cushions in that curtain material??

What was this tread about again?? :)

A

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1318360083' post='1401180'] Really? Nobody's posted the Mothman yet? First in, for once....[/quote]

I think she just chose an ugly bass so that people would notice her more, kind of like what Amy Lee and her backing band.

Sorry guys, but you all lose. This really is the tattiest, most monstrous bass you could possibly have ever seen in your life:

In fact I use it to play "gears of war" by megadeth since it looks like it's been hit by smart bombs and precision guided armaments.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1318501571' post='1402859']

I think she just chose an ugly bass so that people would notice her more, kind of like what Amy Lee and her backing band.

Sorry guys, but you all lose. This really is the tattiest, most monstrous bass you could possibly have ever seen in your life:

In fact I use it to play "gears of war" by megadeth since it looks like it's been hit by smart bombs and precision guided armaments.
[/quote]

I quite like the look of your Columbus Jazz project actually Eddie. But then I am regularly seen in public playing this monstrosity.
:)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1318506631' post='1402969']
Christ where's this, a tent? Are you a bass-playing Bedouin by any chance?
[/quote]

Would be nice, sadly the Missus likes to make sure that dog hair will not get near the sofa itself. Belt and braces and sticky tape approach, makes it look like we live in a tent in photos though,,,,,

This thread just demonstrates how subjective the subject is. There's some truly h-uggly basses here we all agree on and some that severely divide opinion. I love the warwick dolphin, infinity and starbass, but dislike nearly everything else they make ... the headstock detracts even from the ones I like.

Couple of pet hates that are probably uniquely me.

I mean ... what were they thinking of with that top horn ?

And this ...

I mean ... the body shape isn't even beginning to happen.

If anyone is inclined to take offence ... please don't. I'll happily post pics of basses I love and/or own for you to take the p*** out of.

Andy

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1318601236' post='1404213']

At least yours doesn't have any big gouges in it lol.
[/quote]

That is a very flattering picture, it is fairly gouged here and there, and has big stanley knife cuts in the front, from trimming of bits to go on it, it seemed pointless not to use it as its own worktop really. :)