Why become a member? ×

West Midlands Bass Bash - 27th November !

TRBboy

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1321120596' post='1435611']
man i want to go to one of these and meet everyone... anyone live in the gloucestershire area? :)
[/quote]

Evilundead is in Gloucester area I think, and she's coming along (hopefully).

I did send you a PM about this one a little while ago, because I noticed you're in Cheltenham. It would be great to see you if you can make it!

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1321119190' post='1435599']
Ok, i'll sort them out! Is that thinline P going to be ready Dave? I'm itching to get my hands on it!
[/quote]

mmm....fingers crossed, the laquer isn't drying very quick in this weather (bit warmer today).... probably wont get top coat on till next weeked only leaving one week to dry and polish up... :)

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1321131634' post='1435795']
Just trying to see if my step-daughter is free that day as she lives just 4 miles away so my wife & I could come up & & she could see her daughter & I could pop over for some bass chatting :)
[/quote]

All are welcome, matey :)

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1321131634' post='1435795']
Just trying to see if my step-daughter is free that day as she lives just 4 miles away so my wife & I could come up & & she could see her daughter & I could pop over for some bass chatting :)
[/quote]

The more the merrier! It would be good to see you if you can make it.

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1321132165' post='1435810']
Wife is up for it - need to get step-daughter 'buy-in' now :)

Could bring pretty much any bass in my sig - either a clutch of old Fenders or some of the more 'esoteric' stuff like Fodera / Alleva Coppolo / Celinder etc.
[/quote]

Excellent! Personally, i'd be more interested to see some of the more esoteric ethic in your Sig (if you're asking for opinions that is!).

[quote name='nugget' timestamp='1321123246' post='1435651']

mmm....fingers crossed, the laquer isn't drying very quick in this weather (bit warmer today).... probably wont get top coat on till next weeked only leaving one week to dry and polish up... :)
[/quote]

I'm sure it'll be fine Dave, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1321529806' post='1440157']
The bashes can be as frequent as you like if people are willing to turn up.
[/quote]

Just hope we get a good turn out for this one. We've had to bump the thread quite a lot. Hope that doesn't mean people aren't interested.
We should be ideally placed to attract people from all over the place, what with being in Central England and all.

No. I have arranged for some guitarists to have a meeting next door and they ALL have Marshall 8412 cabs with 500w valve heads, they will be conducting an attempt at the world record for joint shredding solos with their volume set to 11.

But i'm not bitter.

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1321535612' post='1440260']
No. I have arranged for some guitarists to have a meeting next door and they ALL have Marshall 8412 cabs with 500w valve heads, they will be conducting an attempt at the world record for joint shredding solos with their volume set to 11.

But i'm not bitter.
[/quote]

It'll be alright; I always make sure I can go plenty louder than the guitarist! :)

Well I'm pretty definate, and my drummer has had his leash fitted and a new muzzle and willl hopefully be coming too as he isnt working that weekend. The thought of being locked in a room with several bass players oddly excited him!!

WOW! Only a week today, it's come round so quick!

Think I might go for a look in PMT and/or GuitarGuitar beforehand. I don't often get to go near any half decent music shops!

Shame there's not a few more coming....... Thought there might be quite a few BCers in and around Birmingham.

[quote name='Nibody' timestamp='1321033234' post='1434701']
My drummer is possibly coming with me if theres a kit available
[/quote]

As a 'standby' in case I can't lay hands on one in time, any chance you could ask him if he could bring a crash/ride? My setup's dead simple (kick, snare, floor, hats, crash/ride) but I had to get rid of the latter a few months ago to keep financial head above water - now in a position to replace it but I can't find one!

[quote name='Ian Savage' timestamp='1321875374' post='1443860']
I am :) sorry, got a busy weekend this coming one and confused my band rehearsal Saturday afternoon with the Bash Sunday afternoon...
[/quote]

Phew! That's OK then.
I was afraid you'd double booked yourself like Machines did! :)