Why become a member? ×

West Midlands Bass Bash - 27th November !

TRBboy

I was hoping to sneak down for this as my band aren't rehearsing this Sun. Then I got drawn into going to see Deep Purple (ironically in B'ham) so I can't make it either :) Have a good thrash all of you attending. Oh and remember, if there are no photos it didn't happen!

Edited by KevB

Ok, so who have we got left now:

[b]Ian Savage[/b]
Hartke 5000, Marshall 7015

[b]yorick[/b]
Orange Terror bass head, SP210 cab, Ampeg PF350 head

[b]TRBboy[/b]
Sandberg Basic 4, Sandberg California PM4, Yamaha RBX270,
Markbass CMD102P / Traveller 151P

[b]seashell[/b]
Fender Precision

[b]nugget[/b]
Thinline 5 string P bass (if finished !)
SWR220 head and Schroeder 212L

[b]MikanHanille[/b]
Musicman Stingray

[b]nibody[/b]
Squier VM Jazz, Epiphone Thunderbird
Ampeg BA115

[b]Caerphilee[/b]

[b]* dunetune_jazz [/b]
[b]* tonyf[/b]
[b]* tauzero[/b]
[b]* birdy[/b]

[b]There mus be some others, surely?[/b]

[quote name='yorick' timestamp='1322049361' post='1445760']
Tonyf can't make it, his other half will string him up otherwise. Deezbar is paying us a flying visit though. Small and cozy gathering then :)
[/quote]

Ah well, be nice to put faces to names anyway; shall be driving over, dumping gear then taking car home again so there WILL be some nice steady drinking going on :)

[quote name='Ian Savage' timestamp='1322053290' post='1445853']
Ah well, be nice to put faces to names anyway; shall be driving over, dumping gear then taking car home again so there WILL be some nice steady drinking going on :)
[/quote]

So, Ian............. how you getting home, then???? :)

[quote name='yorick' timestamp='1322066770' post='1446134']
So, Ian............. how you getting home, then???? :)
[/quote]

TAXI!!!! :)

Nah, early-ish finish so I'll hopefully be able to leave my cab(s) and drum kit at the venue, bus home and go back & get 'em Monday, otherwise it's less than a tenner in a cab, well worth it for the option of knocking a few back whilst being a right noisy bastard :)

[quote name='Ian Savage' timestamp='1322053290' post='1445853']
[/quote]

Alright for some! I've got about a 1 1/2 hour drive home, so no chance of me drinking! I'll have to make do with a shandy..... :)

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1322067954' post='1446160']
Alright for some! I've got about a 1 1/2 hour drive home, so no chance of me drinking! I'll have to make do with a shandy..... :)
[/quote]

Good job too - load of beer and then going to guitarguitar/PMT isn't a good mix :)

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1322162727' post='1447502']
Hey guys, I'd love to come. Is it far from New Street train station? I think I'd only be able to bring one bass with me as I'd be getting the train.
[/quote]
It's a twenty-ish minute walk from New St. Five minutes or so by taxi.

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1322162727' post='1447502']
Hey guys, I'd love to come. Is it far from New Street train station? I think I'd only be able to bring one bass with me as I'd be getting the train.
[/quote]

Also five minutes from Snow Hill, if you can get there to make things easier.

A quick shout for those coming, if anyone's able to get a loan of a crash/ride cymbal for the afternoon it's finish the kit off nicely; I was SURE I'd be able to lay hands on a decent one in time but it seems to not be in the stars.
Not a problem, shall be able to use my cheapy 16" spare Stagg crash but it's REALLY not the best-sounding thing (not that I imagine most of us care), just a thought in case anyone's got one kicking around (and if anyone knows of a 50s/60s/70s 18" Ziljian Avedis going sub-£100 do let me know :)).