Why become a member? ×

West Midlands Bass Bash - 27th November !

TRBboy

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1317132167' post='1387128']
Until a date and location is established I don't think it should be publicised :).
[/quote]

I agree, but it would be good to know if there's sufficient interest before we bother organising anything concrete..... bit of a chicken/egg situation! :)

I've put a message in my sig anyway, so that hopefully others might express their interest.

Have a look at the Nottingham Bash thread. They've set up a poll regarding venue and dates which looks like a good idea!

But thinking about dates...the Nottingham crew are looking at dates in November. I wonder if that would clash a bit with a WM Bash .. I suspect there are people who could go to either one.
Do you think we should look at dates in the New Year? Give us a bit more time to plan?
Or maybe have a small event (ie in one room) this side of Christmas to test the water, and if that goes well aim for a biger one later on?

(Sorry if I'm interfering here. Politely tell me to butt out if you've got other plans!)

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1317145107' post='1387349']
Have a look at the Nottingham Bash thread. They've set up a poll regarding venue and dates which looks like a good idea!

But thinking about dates...the Nottingham crew are looking at dates in November. I wonder if that would clash a bit with a WM Bash .. I suspect there are people who could go to either one.
Do you think we should look at dates in the New Year? Give us a bit more time to plan?
Or maybe have a small event (ie in one room) this side of Christmas to test the water, and if that goes well aim for a biger one later on?

(Sorry if I'm interfering here. Politely tell me to butt out if you've got other plans!)
[/quote]

No you're not interfering at all, any input is greatly appreciated!

All good thoughts, I suppose I could even make it to the Nottingham Bash if I want to. Perhaps if us lot can go over there, most of them would come to Brum in the new year? Either that or depending on how far along the Notts crew are, perhaps they would consider linking up and finding a venue inbetween? (I don't want to tread on anyone's toes though!)

Personally, I would like to go to a bigger event where you can meet more people, and there's more going on.

Anyone else got any thoughts too? There must be more BCers in the West Midlands!!!

I'd be up for it - Based in worcester but could travel about a bit.

I think I could get a village hall just 5 minutes off M5 J7 (worcester south junction) if it's not too far for all to travel, its very large got a canteen area for coffee making etc, isolated so noise isnt an issue, loads of parking - and would be very cheap.

Dave

I think that all sounds great guys, but I agree with Machines that perhaps we should look a bit further north, especially if we're potentially going to merge with the Nottingham guys (although I've not heard anything back yet).

I'm just itching to have a bash! And hopefully try one of your basses Dave.....

[quote name='wez' timestamp='1317594737' post='1392275']All sounds great guys. Only looked in on this part of the of the forum because i saw the west mids mentioned, but after looking at some of the other bashes i'm interested.[/quote]

Cool, another person interested!

Where's everyone else gone!?

COME ON!!!

Spoken to Alex at Arkham and have a number for the upstairs bar at the Madhouse Rehearsal studios, shall ring up and enquire price-wise if that location suits (B19 3LS, five minute walk from Birmingham Snow Hill station and about another ten from New Street, parking right outside which (IIRC) is free or at least very cheap at the weekend). The bar'd hold a few dozen with gear easily, so should suit us if people are up for it.

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1317734903' post='1393859']
Good idea. Had my band's first gig there and the size of the room is suitable for the numbers we're thinking of - plus I imagine they don't book it out much on a Sunday afternoon ?!
[/quote]

I'd imagine not - actually, I'm at the Asylum next door reviewing a gig on Thursday so I'll pop in then and do it in person. I'd be able to provide drum kit and at least one guitar amp as well, should we want the option to jam some (and I see no reason why we shouldn't :)).

A few years ago in Manchester we had a couple of mini-bashes in the Blueprint studios. Someone brought their band's drummer and it was much fun, hearing a bass played with a drummer is very different to solo noodling. Let us know when you know the availability and prices :).

Nice one Yorick, beat me to it! So if we can get a couple of dozen of us only a couple of quid or so each, I could live with that - would we get use of the PA with that too? I'd assume not, but I could lash something together myself if needs be (oh, and I haz teh limited drumming skillz also :))