Why become a member? ×

West Midlands Bass Bash - 27th November !

TRBboy

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1318623862' post='1404634']
Awesome, can't wait! Just better try to remember how to play now........

Looking forward to trying one of Dave's (Nugget) Firecreek basses too!
[/quote]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/157452-firecreek-thinline-p5-wengewalnut/page__gopid__1406273"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/157452-firecreek-thinline-p5-wengewalnut/page__gopid__1406273[/url]
It's on target to be ready for the 27th, glad it's still a few weeks away!!

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1318849728' post='1406744']
Got plenty of rigs I think but not enough basses ! Surely there's more than 10 people interested in the Midlands ?
[/quote]

Is it worth messaging other BCers who we know are from the West Midlands, just in case they haven't seen this thread?

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1318851241' post='1406765']

Is it worth messaging other BCers who we know are from the West Midlands, just in case they haven't seen this thread?
[/quote]

i'd like to put it in my signature like you've done.
But I don't know how to creat the link straight to the thread. How do you do that?

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1318851241' post='1406765']
[/quote]
I've already asked a couple that I know of who have replied positively :).

[quote name='Caerphilee' timestamp='1318934423' post='1407815']
Hi all,

I've just joined the forum and looking forward to the event!

Caerphilee
[/quote]

Welcome, see you there. You may want to send Machines a PM, so he can add you to the list. Let him know if you're bringing any equipment so he can list that as well. Also check the list to see what other people are bringing.

Nige

[quote name='yorick' timestamp='1318934761' post='1407821']

Welcome, see you there. You may want to send Machines a PM, so he can add you to the list. Let him know if you're bringing any equipment so he can list that as well. Also check the list to see what other people are bringing.

Nige
[/quote]

Thanks Nige, will do!

For anyone curious but not sure what goes on let me explain.

We all turn up at the location and bring any gear we want to show off or maybe try through another rig etc. If there's a fair few people we'll probably have some crude name badges on so you can possibly recognise some people from their membername. You don't have to have been on the forum for ages or post a lot to come along !

The event is as much about chatting to other bassists in your area as trying out other gear. As far as cost goes - we're looking at a £5 contribution on attendance at the moment (as long as numbers are over 10) to cover the venue and anything over that will be given to charity :).

I should be coming along, although due to last-minute issues I haven't made the last Nottingham one or the Startford one so I'm reluctant to promise anything. I'll probably bring an Antoniotsai or two and maybe a Warwick and a Peavey.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1318940666' post='1407958']
I should be coming along, although due to last-minute issues I haven't made the last Nottingham one or the Startford one so I'm reluctant to promise anything. I'll probably bring an Antoniotsai or two and maybe a Warwick and a Peavey.
[/quote]

Been reading over on TB about the Antoniotsai basses..... opinions are very divided over there :)
Hopefully see you there.

Edited by yorick

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1318938742' post='1407904']
Are Ian and Nige not bringing a bass? Doesn't matter, just the more the merrier!
[/quote]

I'll bring my Precision bitsa along, should be finished by then!

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1318938751' post='1407905']
I think someonw was trying to rustle up a drummer? Is that still happening?
It would be great to have a little jam if poss...
[/quote]

I am indeed bringing a kit, and I'm not a TERRIBLE drummer... :)

[quote name='yorick' timestamp='1318940924' post='1407966'] Been reading over on TB about the Antoniotsai basses..... opinions are very divided over there :) Hopefully see you there.[/quote]
Indeed. Some people own them and some people slag them off. The two groups have no overlap.