Why become a member? ×

Rick haters look away now...

KevB

The rest of you can have a quick drool and start filling in your lottery tickets...
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RICKENBACKER-4002-BASS-1982-PRISTINE-Rare-hens-t-/140578558216?pt=Guitar&hash=item20bb229108"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RICKENBACKER-400...=item20bb229108[/url]
:)

I like the binding.
I don't like the fact that the scratchplate doesn't match it.
That neck heel is utterly awful for a through-neck bass.
I don't mind Ricks [i]per se[/i] but I don't like the company's attitude to copies and the prices they charge /waiting times and all that business.
Still wouldn't buy one. Certainly not for big money.

[quote name='MoJoKe' post='1312334' date='Jul 22 2011, 08:31 AM']Never really been a fan of Ricks, but apart from that, if I was planning on spendng that amount of money on a bass I'd have to see it in the flesh, but to get my interest in the first place some better, clearer, pictures![/quote]

Scroll down.....

[quote name='hairyhaw' post='1312441' date='Jul 22 2011, 10:22 AM']Correctamundo. Never been a fan of them myself. I always felt the Rick holy grail was the RM1999.[/quote]

Indeed, something I'll sadly never own. However I obtained my own personal Ric Holy Grail in Feb of this year (a '72 Azure with full-width crushed pearl, checkered binding etc) so I can live with it. :)

[quote name='Dave Vader' post='1312424' date='Jul 22 2011, 10:11 AM']Scroll down.....[/quote]

I did, but just saw a whole bunch of "mood lit" images where most of the bass was in darkness or blurry! I suppose anyone committed enough might print and cut out the bits that were brightly lit and assemble a collage, but you still wouldn't have enough to make a whole pic of a well lit bass!

Unless much mistaken its not new, and for this much I'd want to see what I was buying, not how "arty" the photographer!!

Was this the only model they produced with that funny 3 pin output jack in addition to the traditional stereo and mono outputs. I assume that is the low impedence output for studio work that is mentioned in the description? Never noticed one on any other rics.