Why become a member? ×

Seeing Iron Maiden TONIGHT!

AttitudeCastle

The Glasgow show was superb.

Overall being the SECC the sound wasn't fantastic apart from Steve bass sound and Nicko's drums.

The second half was more of the older stuff with the first being off the new album.

My main gripe was that the stage was too low so to really see it you had to watch the big screens, I have a telly in my house for that kind of thing.

So I am sure you will have a great gig and after 15 albums they have only gotten better, not many bands you can say that about....

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1311152' date='Jul 21 2011, 08:59 AM']Haha will do Dave!

Where do you work? (just out of interest! haha)

I'm going Maiden spotting today in like an hour as i've dreamt of even just getting a photo of them for like 4/5 years and i don't think i'll take a camera tonight so i can get up to the front! (Need to see Steve Harris up on the moniter!)[/quote]

I'm a Desktop and Server Engineer currently outsourced to a company in Union Plaza. Might go for a wander too and see if they're kicking about..

Though i'm sure they'll just look like someones metal dad doing the shopping.

I first saw Iron Maiden in Genoa when they were supporting Kiss. Must have been 1978 or so.

Off to the Manchester gig next week after a gap of 23 years since I last saw live...

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1312250' date='Jul 22 2011, 12:33 AM']It was everything i'd dreamed of and more :) :) :D

SO HAPPY!

I was going to make my old white squire P bass into a rockin' bass but now it's defo being an Iron Maiden tribute bass!![/quote]

Glad you enjoyed it :lol:

I'm still jealous!

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1312250' date='Jul 22 2011, 12:33 AM']It was everything i'd dreamed of and more :lol: :) :)

SO HAPPY!

I was going to make my old white squire P bass into a rockin' bass but now it's defo being an Iron Maiden tribute bass!![/quote]

Is he still using a white one then?

Maybe next year's Steve Harris sig will be white, with no crappy football graphics...

[quote name='Evil Undead' post='1312255' date='Jul 22 2011, 12:54 AM']Glad you enjoyed it :lol:

I'm still jealous![/quote]

Hopefully you will be able to get a cheap ticket nearer the show :)

[quote name='bobbytodd' post='1312290' date='Jul 22 2011, 06:26 AM']one more sleep till we go to see them really looking forward to it.what were airbourn like live?[/quote]

VERY VERY LOUD. It was just mush, but that may have been the venue as it's like that alot (Maiden were fine though!)
Decent hard rocking Aussie style rock! All the songs sounded the same minus one which i really liked actually!

[quote name='bartelby' post='1312291' date='Jul 22 2011, 06:30 AM']Is he still using a white one then?

Maybe next year's Steve Harris sig will be white, with no crappy football graphics...[/quote]

Yep! Used it the whole set, only member of the band not to change guitar/mic
haha! :)

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1312335' date='Jul 22 2011, 08:31 AM']VERY VERY LOUD. It was just mush, but that may have been the venue as it's like that alot (Maiden were fine though!)
Decent hard rocking Aussie style rock! All the songs sounded the same minus one which i really liked actually![/quote]

I was slightly further back for them - sound was decent there.
Just thought they were a naff band. Bit too much like ACDC for my liking (whom I'm also not a fan of)

Maiden were pretty awesome, the older stuff was much better than the newer stuff i thought.
Was in stitches at Bruce getting distacted mid song by the girl flashing ("Did you just flash your T!ts? You did didnt you? They were very nice")

The amount of faded band tshirts and denim was shocking! :)
Oh and white dunlop trainers..

[quote name='woodyratm' post='1312468' date='Jul 22 2011, 10:41 AM']I was slightly further back for them - sound was decent there.
Just thought they were a naff band. Bit too much like ACDC for my liking (whom I'm also not a fan of)

Maiden were pretty awesome, the older stuff was much better than the newer stuff i thought.
Was in stitches at Bruce getting distacted mid song by the girl flashing ("Did you just flash your T!ts? You did didnt you? They were very nice")

The amount of faded band tshirts and denim was shocking! :)
Oh and white dunlop trainers..[/quote]

Yeah i moved back to get a better sound,

I know xD What song was that in? It was a bit of a blur songs ending as it was all so awesome!

Haha there was some shirt snobbery, "My shirt is from 78 yours is only from 85" haha :)

I'd love to have seen them again, but couldn't justify the cost.

The last time I saw them was in '81, with the original lineup, DiAnno, Burr, Harris, Stratton and Murray. They were the first band I'd ever seen live, and I was blown away. Great days.

I love my mother :')

She organised the Iron Maiden tickets as she knew i was devestated (as i found out i'd be away, but then plans changed so i was here!) AND for my Birthday (well 2 days after) I'm Seeing Mr.Big on the 15th of September! If i'd made it to Dream Theater in Wolverhampton tonight/tomorrow That would make my 3 favourite bands in one year!