Why become a member? ×

SOLD PENDING.

Crikey!

Hi,

Ive got for sale a Sunburst, P style, short scale Satellite bass.

I know pretty much nothing about this bass, it was my first ever bass so this is a very reluctant sale.

It's a bit dirty and has a few dings, the electrics are crackly but it does work. It has completely the wrong strings on it and they've been on there for 9 years... so it doesn't sound great.

Im assuming this bass is from the 70s/80s. I don't know what wood it is, where it was made, who it was made by or when it was made.

pics attached... not sure what to value this at so... i'll say £70, if this is too far out, please let me know.

Edited by Crikey!

That was The first bass I ever owned, way back in 1982 - followed by a westone thunder 1 in 1983 :)
Dreadful thing it was! - My past has come back to haunt me!! :)

Edited by Hobbayne

[quote name='JD1' post='1302890' date='Jul 13 2011, 09:26 PM']My first bass too. £46.00 from Paul Garvey Music Haymarket Newcastle. Circa 1979. Wont hear a word said against them.[/quote]

I got my Hondo 830 from there, downstairs in eldon square, must have been around 1984. Whitley too btw.

[quote name='Pow_22' post='1302700' date='Jul 13 2011, 06:37 PM']Is that a bridge cover on it or an actual tailpiece where the strings hook?[/quote]

From memory (we're talking nearly 30 years ago), it's the tailpiece. The strings hook into slots in the lip of the "cover"

Edited by clauster

Man, that was my first bass, too. Bought in 76 in Whitefield. Can't for the life of me remember what happened to it. I do remember I didn't get an amp for nearly two years, and when I did, the parents were appalled "But it made such a nice sound till you plugged it in." :)

First bass central. Most likely the same one been passed down from one of you guys. Hearing those prices i'll drop it to £40, if any fancies reliving some terrible teenage bass playing...

I have no sound clips, but it both sounds and plays terrible

[quote name='tommorichards' post='1303912' date='Jul 14 2011, 07:52 PM']Is that £40 posted?[/quote]

Yea say £40 posted.

[quote name='ironside1966' post='1303924' date='Jul 14 2011, 08:06 PM']that was my first bass also, I hated it. This bass will put of the most dedicated of student.[/quote]

Yea i stuck to guitar until i got a better bass...