Why become a member? ×

Too loud for the house.

waynepunkdude

I got my new cab this afternoon (GK Neo 412) and as my SVT is being serviced I proceeded to use my Bass Terror through it, I was happily noodling away when my mrs came in and said it's too loud and she can hear it at the other end of the house so I went to turn it down when I found this:

How can I turn it down anymore?

all of the above suggestions would work, or yot could retube with 12AU7 or 5751 tubes, that way yot could still drive then a bit, but have a reduced output. As an aside how do these amps sound? I've currently got an svp pre into an svp power amp and an looking to keep that kind of slightly wooly tone but with some mid definition. My back's starting to feel the strain these days...

[quote name='paul_5' post='1298628' date='Jul 9 2011, 10:59 PM']all of the above suggestions would work, or yot could retube with 12AU7 or 5751 tubes, that way yot could still drive then a bit, but have a reduced output. As an aside how do these amps sound? I've currently got an svp pre into an svp power amp and an looking to keep that kind of slightly wooly tone but with some mid definition. My back's starting to feel the strain these days...[/quote]

To be honest the post was just another account of how bloody loud these things are, I have a TC RS210 if I need small volumes.

They sound incredible mate, the EQ does nothing but the soundf you get is a nice warm overdriven tone.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1298524' date='Jul 9 2011, 08:31 PM']How can I turn it down anymore?[/quote]

Now you are starting to sound like a guitarist

Yes, keep it down, my mum lives near you and she needs her rest