Why become a member? ×

Boos TU-2

blind pilot

Well for about a year I have been unsing a Behringer BTR2000 rack mount tuner, its always struggled with the A and E, more so when I drop to D, or even lower to B, but last night I used my new (to me) Boss TU-2, and I realise just how crap the Behringer was.

Tuning takes no time, the notes are picked up so fast, cant belive the difference, I am happy!

that is all!

[quote name='mike257' post='1296013' date='Jul 7 2011, 02:24 PM']Been my go-to for years, and (almost) indestructible - can't go wrong with 'em really.[/quote]

+1

I think mine is the oldest bit of kit I've got. Basses, amps, effects have come and gone but the tank like TU-2 has always been with me.

Essential kit.

T

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1289090' date='Jul 1 2011, 02:41 PM']If only it were true bypass. :) They're good pedals though, the guitarist in my old band used one.[/quote]
Not an issue if you have a tuner out jack on your amp though.

[quote name='tonyf' post='1296016' date='Jul 7 2011, 02:31 PM']I think mine is the oldest bit of kit I've got. Basses, amps, effects have come and gone but the tank like TU-2 has always been with me.

Essential kit.

T[/quote]

Abso-bastid-lutely; my TU2 won't leave me until it breaks irrepairably or I do, and I think I might go first...

[quote name='Danimal' post='1296569' date='Jul 7 2011, 10:32 PM']Not an issue if you have a tuner out jack on your amp though.[/quote]

True of course but if you don't have a foot switchable mute on your amp (or you're being DI'd before your amp), a mute from the pedal is pretty handy so the audience doesn't have to hear you tuning.

Well if someone was looking for an awesome true bypass pedal tuner, I would suggest the TC Electronics Polytune, I have it and love it, works for 4 5 and 6 strings, can tune strings individually or alltogether since it's polyphonic. The only thing I would have liked that it doesn't have is the ability to not cut the sound when the tuner is engaged