Why become a member? ×

New Status Streamline

woolleydick

Played her last night at a full blown band rehearsal with big PA etc. I had to pull back the top end of the EQ quite extensiveley compared to the StatusRay but the bottom end also needed reigning in a tad on the EQ. Found myself slapping & popping in places I had never thought of before; coz you can with this one.

I know it is early days but I have to say this is quite the most wonderful bit of kit I have ever had the pleasure to own. Arms and legs currently up for grabs to justify the cost, but at least I did not have to pay the VAT as it came straight to Libya.

Now I really, really need a better set of cabinets, but getting those out here is truly expensive due to the shipping costs, so I suspect I shall remain frustrated for some time.

The rest of the band already think I am too loud anyway! Sod them all - a bass as good as this needs to be heard.

That's a new one on me. Never seen one before and I bet I'll likely not see another in a long while (steps back and watches for buses).

Did J Hellborg have anything to do with the design? I'm sure I remember him being associated with Status and that shape just seems to ring bells with his name attached!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='144224' date='Feb 21 2008, 11:39 AM']That's a new one on me. Never seen one before and I bet I'll likely not see another in a long while (steps back and watches for buses).

Did J Hellborg have anything to do with the design? I'm sure I remember him being associated with Status and that shape just seems to ring bells with his name attached![/quote]

Dunno - but I bet you would get an interesting reply from Rob Green at Status Graphite should you enquire - I hated it when I first saw it in Guitarist magazine, but my wife persuaded me to take a second look - good girl!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='144224' date='Feb 21 2008, 09:39 AM']That's a new one on me. Never seen one before and I bet I'll likely not see another in a long while (steps back and watches for buses).[/quote]

dont tell Warwickhunt but i got one as well a few weeks back, just havne got round to posting pics yet.

• 9 months later...

[quote name='andre' post='360387' date='Dec 21 2008, 06:28 PM']If you have never tried a Streamline then you don't know what you're missing !!![/quote]
I'd very much like to know what I'm missing! However, in the 2-ish years these have been around, I've only ever seen the couple of pics that have been posted on here. I'm actually still awaiting any empirical evidence that they actually exist.

I rather like a funny-looking bass, me, and this is stunning, and I want one. However like the similarly incredible looking Lace Helix, I'm not entirely convinced it isn't just an internet hoax! :)

Jon.

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='360427' date='Dec 21 2008, 07:37 PM']I'd just love to see the 5 and 6 string versions that have been promised on the Status website for about a year![/quote]
Rob apparently set the 5 string jig last week... Here's hoping 2009 brings the 5 string, coz I want one!!

Gassing BADLY for these at the mo'
I live 45mins from Colchester, too!

1 question, though;
The site says they're lighter than a normal bass. Does it affect the tone adversely?
My Hohner B2A (V) is very light, and the fundamental output of the E and B strings just isn't there like it is on my Streamer LX6 (14lb!) Wouldn't want to splash that amount of cash and be disappointed with a lightweight tone.
I've tried Steinbergers, and they're just fine ...