Why become a member? ×

Have I got a complaint?

I bought this and it turned up without a power supply, it doesn't say it has one but it doesn't say it doesn't.

Should I complain? I have sent the guy a message but he hasn't responded.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170614848844&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_949"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...IT#ht_500wt_949[/url]

I would expect something like that to have a power supply. That's pretty bad form.
However, I don't think you could make a complaint and expect to win. It doesnt say that it ocmes with a power supply and if he doesnt have it anymore, all you could do is send it back which is a waste of time I reckon.
Maybe just email the guy and ask if he forgot to pack it?

Truckstop

Agree with Truckstop - wait & see if it's just a mistake. However the definition of "used" on Ebay's item descriptions reads "The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended". This, minus it's PSU plainly does no such thing, so if he doesn't have a PSU to send you, then yes, you do have a complaint.

J.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1190277' date='Apr 6 2011, 11:12 AM']If it didn't mention one in the listing then you cross your fingers and hope, you certainly shouldn't expect one..... it's nice when they do turn up with one though.[/quote]

I have ordered a re-pro it's just a little annoying.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1190281' date='Apr 6 2011, 11:14 AM']I have ordered a re-pro it's just a little annoying.[/quote]
You're probably Just as well. People have a tendency not to look after their psu leads (at the connector end) and they turn out to be a PITA and you have get a new one anyways.

[quote name='tarcher' post='1192399' date='Apr 7 2011, 11:08 PM']Is it designed to run on batteries.
If not then it would be unusable,so a cause for a moan.[/quote]

Agree. If it cannot function without a power supply then one should come with it, unless otherwise specified.

Take nothing for granted,the car amp i sent to the Romanian prick who received it,got the payment held,we went to resolution centre where he openly admitted to opening the amp up and it was"dirty",even though the unit was working and advertised as"old but working",PP decided..."We've determined that the buyer should receive a 60.00 GBP refund if theysend the merchandise back to you. The merchandise will be in the samecondition as when the buyer received it and the buyer is responsible forall postage and packing costs."
Its getting returned in the same condition,albeit opened,tampered with....paypal/ebay have both been told to shove their services up their arse,ive had 60 odd transactions go well and to add insult,this w***er awards me neg feedback,i go to do the same yet the option isnt there,its either"positive or leave feedback later".

[quote name='dougie' post='1192460' date='Apr 8 2011, 12:32 AM']Take nothing for granted,the car amp i sent to the Romanian prick who received it,got the payment held,we went to resolution centre where he openly admitted to opening the amp up and it was"dirty",even though the unit was working and advertised as"old but working",PP decided..."We've determined that the buyer should receive a 60.00 GBP refund if theysend the merchandise back to you. The merchandise will be in the samecondition as when the buyer received it and the buyer is responsible forall postage and packing costs."
Its getting returned in the same condition,albeit opened,tampered with....paypal/ebay have both been told to shove their services up their arse,ive had 60 odd transactions go well and to add insult,this w***er awards me neg feedback,i go to do the same yet the option isnt there,its either"positive or leave feedback later".[/quote]

You can always ask eBay to remove inaccurate/offensive feedback. They've done it for me before when i dealt with a total clown.

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1192818' date='Apr 8 2011, 01:02 PM']You can always ask eBay to remove inaccurate/offensive feedback. They've done it for me before when i dealt with a total clown.[/quote]
Nahh bollox to them m8,they can stick their cyber uber market right up their virtual uber arse...ive here for my bass requirements,she has Homebase for her f***in curtains :)