Why become a member? ×

In Praise of Aguilar DB Heads & Cabs

molan

So I finally got a chance to use my DB750 & one of my DB112's at rehearsals with some decent volume last night.

After a bit of tweaking (cut the tweeter right out on the cab, some mid boost on the head and a bit more bias to neck pickup on my '86 Fodera) it sounded just amazing.

Cut through the mix really well and I could hear myself so clearly. I continually found myself turning down because my 'perceived' volume was louder than I'm used to. The rest of the band said I wasn't overly loud so it must have been those rich mids I was hearing :)

A couple of people said how nice it sounded and our sound man compared it really favourably to the last session he worked on where the sound was, apparently, a puddle of mud, lol.

Anyway, just wanted to share. . .

[quote name='molan' post='1190108' date='Apr 6 2011, 09:16 AM']So I finally got a chance to use my DB750 & one of my DB112's at rehearsals with some decent volume last night.

After a bit of tweaking (cut the tweeter right out on the cab, some mid boost on the head and a bit more bias to neck pickup on my '86 Fodera) it sounded just amazing.

Cut through the mix really well and I could hear myself so clearly. I continually found myself turning down because my 'perceived' volume was louder than I'm used to. The rest of the band said I wasn't overly loud so it must have been those rich mids I was hearing :)

A couple of people said how nice it sounded and our sound man compared it really favourably to the last session he worked on where the sound was, apparently, a puddle of mud, lol.

Anyway, just wanted to share. . .[/quote]

DB750 and 2 DB212's here...I know the feeling :)

[quote name='molan' post='1190108' date='Apr 6 2011, 09:16 AM']So I finally got a chance to use my DB750 & one of my DB112's at rehearsals with some decent volume last night.
Anyway, just wanted to share. . .[/quote]

I have to say, this rig DB750/751 plus 2 BD112's would be my desired main rig with maybe a DB212/DB115 and DB210 for larger gigs that I would have help with :)

[quote name='JTUK' post='1192592' date='Apr 8 2011, 09:09 AM']I have to say, this rig DB750/751 plus 2 BD112's would be my desired main rig with maybe a DB212/DB115 and DB210 for larger gigs that I would have help with :)[/quote]

Here here :lol:

The GS412 is incredible with the DB750, but ideally for outdoor gigs where you can push the volume a bit. The DB212/DB115 combination is by far the best rig I've owned and experienced.
I used to use Eden 10s with the amp but never quite got that [i]valvey[/i] sound until the DBs came along...which is exactly what I want.
The GSs seem to bring out more HiFi qualities in the DB750. Hope this helps anyone! My band members would've shut off by now :)

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1190307' date='Apr 6 2011, 11:39 AM']The Aggie DB sound is excellent...I haven't tried an Aguilar amp yet ( :) ) but the cabs are excellent. Those mids are punchy but in no way obstructive to a good tone.[/quote]

i'd be very carefull if you try an aggie amp it could be expensive not tried the 751 but the ag500 is a wicked little amp! (i know its not little!) really wanna give the cabs a good try never really had a chance to play through them properly.

andy