Why become a member? ×

3 pick-up basses

Lfalex v1.1

Ive got the all black bison bass. My favourite bass ive ever had. Absolutely love it. I have the seetings on 'Bass' selector on 'B' and the tone pretty much all bass. Sounds amazing

[quote name='12stringbassist' post='1182826' date='Mar 30 2011, 10:42 PM']Hands over the three pickups... typical - great bass.
[/quote]

[quote name='Duarte' post='1185764' date='Apr 2 2011, 02:27 PM']The original MM Sterling Prototype, 1992 or 1993:

[/quote]
Wow, I've never seen that - looks sooooo cool! :)

Have a Big Al 4SSS and a EBMM 25th Anni 5HSS, both wicked sounding 3-PU basses.
Love running all PU's together, gives a very nice complexity and fullness to the sound.

[quote name='Highfox' post='1185965' date='Apr 2 2011, 05:12 PM']Interesting thread :)
My old Warwick Streamer had 3.[/quote]

Much more interesting than I expected!
What happened to the Streamer? Looks like someone took out the bridge "J", invented a new position for it further up than the original neck pick-up.
I think the Bridge rout has been extended, such that the front coil of the MMHB sits where the old single-coil was. If the HHHB had a tap, that could give a lot of differing tones.
If done as explained above, the cost isn't even that great (assuming it had J/J Barts in the first place) I like it. Very clever. Ticks a lot of boxes without too much messing about.

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='1186117' date='Apr 2 2011, 09:50 PM']Much more interesting than I expected!
What happened to the Streamer? Looks like someone took out the bridge "J", invented a new position for it further up than the original neck pick-up.
I think the Bridge rout has been extended, such that the front coil of the MMHB sits where the old single-coil was. If the HHHB had a tap, that could give a lot of differing tones.
If done as explained above, the cost isn't even that great (assuming it had J/J Barts in the first place) I like it. Very clever. Ticks a lot of boxes without too much messing about.[/quote]

I bought it brand new like that from the bass center in Wapping in 89.
I think it was some kind of custom model, and may of been just a one-off. Even the Guys at Warwick couldn't find out a lot of info about it.
I liked it a lot and it was the only bass I used for 20 odd years. Great sound with a lot of punch. Weighed a ton tho.
It went off to a guy in Norway in the end.

[quote name='Highfox' post='1186180' date='Apr 2 2011, 08:41 PM']I bought it brand new like that from the bass center in Wapping in 89.
I think it was some kind of custom model, and may of been just a one-off. Even the Guys at Warwick couldn't find out a lot of info about it.
I liked it a lot and it was the only bass I used for 20 odd years. Great sound with a lot of punch. Weighed a ton tho.
It went off to a guy in Norway in the end.[/quote]

(Sighs)
Ah... Wapping Bass Centre. Those were the days.......