Why become a member? ×

How many of you own only one bass?

Lozz196

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1180088' date='Mar 28 2011, 09:30 PM']owned 11 at one point..why i dont know...i only own one bass now.. unless your a pro,or in more than one band, i really cant see the point of owning more than one good bass..[/quote]

You are dead to me.

:)

I LOVE the idea of only 1 instrument, but I don't think it's practical.

I have my Status Streamline which is excellent - very hi-fi sounding and easy to play.

I have a fretted Energy 4 - dirtier sounding and better for slap.

Fretless Energy 4 with half-wounds - again a totally different sound.

Latest - Bongo 6 - a total headf*** to play, but a new challenge that makes me pick it up, and being all wood, sounds totally different again.

I suspect that I could cope with a Streamline or a Bongo (but not a 6) being my only bass if I had to. Problem is for the older Statii in particular, I have really come to love them over a decade so while they could be stored, I don't think I could ever sell unless it was them or the house!

Nicely timed thread, was already wondering earlier today whether I should sell my 'spare' basses. My main bass is my spector euro, along with a double bass, so the rockbass (first bass) and random cheap fretless don't get touched, think I might sell them and buy a couple of pedals instead.

I have just the one. I'm not a bass player but I went to the council tip a few weeks ago and someone was throwing away a hard case. I asked if I could have it as I could make use of it and he gave it to me. On opening the case I found this.

Ibanez BTB300BG.

Not sure What to do with it.

[quote name='Monkey7912' post='1266931' date='Jun 13 2011, 08:44 AM']I have just the one. I'm not a bass player but I went to the council tip a few weeks ago and someone was throwing away a hard case. I asked if I could have it as I could make use of it and he gave it to me. On opening the case I found this.

Ibanez BTB300BG.

Not sure What to do with it.[/quote]

DAMN! :)

[quote name='Monkey7912' post='1266931' date='Jun 13 2011, 08:44 AM']I have just the one. I'm not a bass player but I went to the council tip a few weeks ago and someone was throwing away a hard case. I asked if I could have it as I could make use of it and he gave it to me. On opening the case I found this.

Ibanez BTB300BG.

Use it as a coat rack. Or maybe learn how to play it.

I have a Wal (£740) and a double bass (£1400) and 4 guitars (Gibson ES175 (£1500), Adamus 6 (£1000), Takamine CD132SC (£1000) and an Antoria w. nashville tuning (£150) - that's £3650 on guitars and £2,140 on basses. What am I thinking? But how can you let those lovely guitars go?

Ibanez BTB300BG.

That's handy. You join Basschat earlier this year (presumably sans bass) then some weeks later a stranger "down the dump" hands you a perfectly good bass for nothing.

Happens all the time. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1267019' date='Jun 13 2011, 10:02 AM']That's handy. You join Basschat earlier this year (presumably sans bass) then some weeks later a stranger "down the dump" hands you a perfectly good bass for nothing.

Happens all the time. :)[/quote]
:)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1267019' date='Jun 13 2011, 10:02 AM']That's handy. You join Basschat earlier this year (presumably sans bass) then some weeks later a stranger "down the dump" hands you a perfectly good bass for nothing.

Happens all the time. :)[/quote]

I joined Basschat at the time I was given the bass. I thought it may give me some insight into the bass playing fraternity and maybe encourage me to learn, but I'm still undecided whether to learn to play it, sell it or swap it for another electric or acoustic guitar.

One bass and three guitars, that's blasphemy here right? :)

Have the MIM Fender Precision I've had since the start, just ordered a Gotoh 201 bridge after my stock one decided to fail.

Guitar wise I have an American Fender Tele 2010, it's an amazing guitar and the only electric I really play. I have an 80's BC Rich Warlock which I never play but though was cool when I was 14! And an acoustic Fender Sonoran to finish it off.

Don't feel like I "need" another bass and I certainly have a lot of other things higher on my to buy list. But a Fender Jazz would be nice!

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1266959' date='Jun 13 2011, 09:23 AM']I have a Wal (£740) and a double bass (£1400) and 4 guitars (Gibson ES175 (£1500), Adamus 6 (£1000), Takamine CD132SC (£1000) and an Antoria w. nashville tuning (£150) - that's £3650 on guitars and £2,140 on basses. What am I thinking? But how can you let those lovely guitars go?[/quote]

Oh dear, do you like to tell folk how much money you earn and how much your house is worth too :)

I have an aunty you should talk to.