Why become a member? ×

How many of you own only one bass?

Lozz196

[quote name='Clarky' post='1271416' date='Jun 16 2011, 01:28 PM']I have too many and am aiming to end up with 4:

Fretless (Wal Mk1)
Precision (YOB '63)
Jazz ('Herbie Flowers' replica)
5-string P or J

Am trying to sell my fretted Wal (which I haven't gelled with, unlike my fretless Wal) and will try to sell my seafoam green Bacchus '62 Jazz when I can persuade Mrs C that "a lovely colour" is not a good enough reason to hang on to a bass!

Of course this list doesn't include my acoustic instruments (Eko bass, Zeller DB, Eminence EUB)!!!![/quote]
Update: both basses sold pending, so now down to my targeted 4 :)

Fretless (Wal Mk1)
Precision (YOB Fender '63P)
Jazz (Steed 'Herbie Flowers' Jazz replica)
5-string P (Alleva-Coppollo KBP5)

....except I accidentally bought two DBs yesterday and only sold 1, oops, so up to 3 DBs (3/4, Baby Bass and Kolstein Travel bass)

[quote name='Clarky' post='1271416' date='Jun 16 2011, 01:28 PM']I have too many and am aiming to end up with 4:

Fretless (Wal Mk1)
Precision (YOB '63)
5-string P or J

Am trying to sell my fretted Wal (which I haven't gelled with, unlike my fretless Wal) and will try to sell my seafoam green Bacchus '62 Jazz when I can persuade Mrs C that "a lovely colour" is not a good enough reason to hang on to a bass!

Of course this list doesn't include my acoustic instruments (Eko bass, Zeller DB, Eminence EUB)!!!![/quote]

Fretless (Wal Mk1)

....except I accidentally bought two DBs yesterday and only sold 1, oops, so up to 3 DBs (3/4, Baby Bass and Kolstein Travel bass)

Fretless (Wal Mk1)
Precision (YOB '63)
5-string P or J

Fretless (Wal Mk1)

[quote name='WILD FROG SHOT' post='1195775' date='Apr 11 2011, 02:51 PM']I sold one at the weekend taking me down to two; I don't need to own two, I just like both of them.

Neither is really my primary bass, and neither is backup. They even sound quite similar![/quote]

UPDATE

Provided the sale of my '57 Precision goes as planned on Saturday I'll be down to just the Rick. Feels quite liberating to not have to worry about getting the use / setting up / restringing more than one. This way I can just concentrate on improving my technique to make one bass sound less bilge :) .

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='fatboyslimfast' post='1270342' date='Jun 15 2011, 05:12 PM']Just 1.

But that's down to me not really knowing how to play 1 bass properly yet. Give it a few months (christmas?) and I'm sure multi-bass GAS will set in...

...if SWMBO allows, of course.[/quote]

Scratch that. That lasted a long time didn't it.

• 3 weeks later...

I only have one bass: a Jazz copy.

I'm currently in the process of acquiring a 5 string. If it turns out to be a keeper then I might think about selling my current bass (McNach, take note :) ). I think I'd rather just have one quality instrument and spend a lot of time with it than trying to divide all my playing between 3 or 4 different basses!