Why become a member? ×

Last minute "take it away" purchases

mrtcat

Following on from jonthebass's thread about the end of the Take It Away scheme for all over 25's I thought I'd find out what people want for their last interest free supper!

I just picked up a Mackie Onyx 1640i mixer from PMT in Oxford so I'll be recording gigs from here on in!

Let us know what you're after!

Lol should have explained better. What I meant is:

If you're over 25 what are you gonna get using Take It Away before the window of opportunity closes at the end of this month?

I'm real sad to lose this service as I've used it lots - it has also really helped me boost my credit score to pretty much the highest level.

Niiice choice. If it were me I'd get a shop to order one in and put deposit down b4 end of the month so I could qualify for the interest free.

*mrtcat is not advising anyone to take out a loan or credit deal and therefore accepts no responsibility for people who gets into financial trouble and whatnot*

some advice. If you cant afford it now. then you cant afford it.

advice 2. out of debt, out of danger

advice 3. never a beggar or borrower be

advice 4. a great bass player can make a cv squire sound better than a poor player with an Alembic

Just my 2 pennies worth

Regards

Mark

Wish the government would take your advice

[quote name='4 candles' post='1175219' date='Mar 24 2011, 08:57 PM']some advice. If you cant afford it now. then you cant afford it.

advice 4. a great bass player can make a cv squire sound better than a poor player with an Alembic

Just my 2 pennies worth

Regards

Mark[/quote]

[quote name='4 candles' post='1175219' date='Mar 24 2011, 08:57 PM']some advice. If you cant afford it now. then you cant afford it.

Just my 2 pennies worth

Regards

Mark[/quote]

Wise words indeed. I am very anal with money and very in control so to me it is a very useable method for aquiring needed kit.

Just my 2 pennies worth

Regards

Mark[/quote]

Im a sheriff officer buddy (bailiff to you south of the border). Im up to speed on debt and I think your off the mark with your comments. Debt is only an issue when you cant repay it.

If you cant affort it now however can afford it over a 12month period and want or need said item straight away,,,,,then there aint no issue.

Just my views of course.

Oh this thread lasted a long time before the anti credit brigade got in!

What if you and your wife are in their 30's both professional people in full time employment with a relatively small mortgage, don't drink, don't smoke, don't gamble, no children,Money in the bank to pay it off in full if circumstances changed? Surely its ok to take advantage of the 0% over 9 months which is why it's being cut to 25 year olds as it's been used by people that don't have to use it, the only problem is people in that situation may decide to not buy anything to save upsetting the wife which will affect the retailers :)

Just my 2 pennies worth

Regards

Mark[/quote]

Couldn't disagree with you more. I bought a £900 bass on the take it away scheme, now fully paid off and i sold it to buy my dream bass. There is no way i would have been able to do that had i not entered into that scheme,.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1175451' date='Mar 25 2011, 12:17 AM']I want a 1x12 cab but there appears to be some confusion as to whether amps/cabs are included? Plus the missus will kill me![/quote]
Under the scheme AFAIK they are not, however some shops do allow it.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1175451' date='Mar 25 2011, 12:17 AM']I want a 1x12 cab but there appears to be some confusion as to whether amps/cabs are included? Plus the missus will kill me![/quote]

Funnily enough i was just drooling over this before reading this thread:
[url="http://www.bassgear.co.uk/products-page/bag-end1/bag-end-s-12-d-single-12-enclosure/"]http://www.bassgear.co.uk/products-page/ba...e-12-enclosure/[/url]

Tempting!

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1175465' date='Mar 25 2011, 12:29 AM']Funnily enough i was just drooling over this before reading this thread:
[url="http://www.bassgear.co.uk/products-page/bag-end1/bag-end-s-12-d-single-12-enclosure/"]http://www.bassgear.co.uk/products-page/ba...e-12-enclosure/[/url]

Tempting![/quote]
That would do although I could do with a slightly higher wattage for the shuttle 6.0. As for paying there is always another scheme around the corner. Failing that my wife will let me have one and keep tabs on me repaying it as long as I only have one IOU on the go at a time, she doesn't do 0% though it will cost me a bag or Cardigan or something :)

Edited by stingrayPete1977

"Couldn't disagree with you more. I bought a £900 bass on the take it away scheme, now fully paid off and i sold it to buy my dream bass. There is no way i would have been able to do that had i not entered into that scheme"

Why?

And why don't people just save up the money yourself. without the risk that because of some unforseen circumstance you are unable to pay it back.

[quote name='hellothere' post='1175474' date='Mar 25 2011, 12:38 AM']"Couldn't disagree with you more. I bought a £900 bass on the take it away scheme, now fully paid off and i sold it to buy my dream bass. There is no way i would have been able to do that had i not entered into that scheme"

Why?

And why don't people just save up the money yourself. without the risk that because of some unforseen circumstance you are unable to pay it back.[/quote]

Because you can keep your money in your bank as a back up if necessary, Also nobody knows nor should they know each others financial situation. I think the phrase goes something like " it's none of your business" :)

I'm going down to have a look at a few Bass' straight after work. i only found out about the scheme about a week ago now i have only a few weeks in which to utilise the service......
My spending would be very modest in this case only looking to spend about £450 tops.

I'm not actually a big spender as my house & son always comes first but this scheme will really help me out, it's a real shame they are changing it.