Why become a member? ×

First proper gig in a while tonight

dan2112

So tonight (wednesday night) is my first proper gig in just over a year and i an't wait! It'll be my first time gigging with a 5 string and i'll be christening my orange/ashdown rig. I'm not nervous or anything as i used to gig with two bands last year frequently but i'm probably forgetting some gig basics.

[quote name='dan2112' post='1146656' date='Mar 2 2011, 02:00 AM']So tonight (wednesday night) is my first proper gig in just over a year and i an't wait! It'll be my first time gigging with a 5 string and i'll be christening my orange/ashdown rig. I'm not nervous or anything as i used to gig with two bands last year frequently but i'm probably forgetting some gig basics.[/quote]

Not giged for a year? You probably won't know about the new code of practice for live gigs then.

If the drummer slows down, it's usual to smack him with your headstock on the back of the head. They immediately know to increase the tempo a little.

Best of luck tonight. Have a good one.

[quote name='dan2112' post='1146788' date='Mar 2 2011, 09:41 AM']...I'm playing with the same drummer and he's always bang on so I'm confident there :)[/quote]

half your battles won !

just try to relax and have a good time.

do let us know how it went.

Gig went amazingly well for our first gig, nailed everything! Felt like i gigged last week and hadn't lost any stage presence :) i'll try and get some videos up if any were taken! Oh and the vass terror performed very very well! Plenty of volume and tone for days.

[quote name='dan2112' post='1147941' date='Mar 3 2011, 02:10 AM']Gig went amazingly well for our first gig, nailed everything! Felt like i gigged last week and hadn't lost any stage presence :) i'll try and get some videos up if any were taken! [b]Oh and the vass terror performed very very well![/b] Plenty of volume and tone for days.[/quote]

Sounds frightening. German band is it? :)

Glad it went well, you can't get a better feeling (almost) than having a sound you are happy with and really enjoying the gig.