Why become a member? ×

go your own way, fleetwood mac

gub

Just come back from rehersal and the new band i am with now wants to do this song but we have to drop it down half step from F as the singer gets on better with it there ,trouble is i am so used to playing it in F and have been for a long time as i have done this song for ages and know i am going to forget and start playing it the way i am used to when we do it live ! :)

Edited by gub

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1137407' date='Feb 22 2011, 06:00 PM']Just do it like this.

[/quote]

Ha ha think i will stick to the more trad version , putting a little note to myself sounds a good idea ,not sure about another bass for the one song though :)

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1137506' date='Feb 22 2011, 07:15 PM'](thread hijack)

None of those bands had a masterpiece like this.

Sorry[/quote]
i'll have to aquire the vinyl if you think it's that good. never listened to them before but obviously the name has been around a long long time, so they must have had something. though having said that, i'd never heard of bad brains till about 5 years ago and i love that sh*t now..

[quote name='lettsguitars' post='1137523' date='Feb 22 2011, 07:25 PM']i'll have to aquire the vinyl if you think it's that good. never listened to them before but obviously the name has been around a long long time, so they must have had something. though having said that, i'd never heard of bad brains till about 5 years ago and i love that sh*t now..[/quote]

I have all of NOFX' stuff on vinyl, that's a shitload of vinyl.

You think you've got problems. :)

One of the bands I'm in does Wayward Son in a shortened & heavy version in E, whilst the proggy band does the full version in A.

Added to which another band I dep for occassionally does a few songs my main band does in a variety of different keys.

It's a frickin' nightmare remembering what to do with which and where on the neck :)

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1137288' date='Feb 22 2011, 04:39 PM']Use a second bass tuned down a half step.[/quote]
Or do a quick de-tune, whilst allowing the singer to entertain the audience with razor sharp wit. Or idiocy, whichever they`re more suited to.

Personally I'd go the 'second detuned bass' route as well. Don't know why but I think it looks more professional to slickly swap a bass for another song than retuning. No matter how fast you think you are retuning it always, from my experience as a punter, looks awkward from the audiences view.