Why become a member? ×

Warwick Collection... what do you want and how much?

warwickhunt

I've had a bit of an epifini (no not a cab or an amp) and I'm going to clear out a few basses. Prices of Warwicks are silly at the moment but I'm not about to start playing 'bid down bass' and give them away for less than equivalent basses in the market today. If you fancy anything in the photos PM me an offer and I'll see where we stand in a week or so. I'll list full details and spec of the basses when I get the chance but none of my basses are later than '91 and NONE have any issues, other than the Infinette on the left of the pic that has a hairline 'crack' near the headstock that has been there since I bought it in '92 (coincidentally that has been my main gigging bass for the last 16 years).

Streamers

Infinettes and Dolphin

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='129756' date='Jan 29 2008, 08:22 AM']:huh: You just know that's not going to happen! They are only wood and metal MB... aren't they :)[/quote]

I believe so......

although the way we all go on about them at times I do wonder !

bloody hell!!

10 warwicks - you my man need a grilfriend! on second thought maybe you dont...they produce children and pick yer pockets making all instruments unaffordable!

now I'm envious! :)

good luck with the sale, that is some collection!

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='129784' date='Jan 29 2008, 09:07 AM']None of our buisiness I know, but what prompted this?[/quote]

I've been playing bass a lot of years and I think you go through phases. I 'think' that subconsciously I've been collecting Warwicks for 20 years to offset the fact that I was never going to be famous and 'maybe' having more and better basses than other people made me a better bass player... that's just me thinking out loud I haven't truly analysed things and I don't genuinely think I was trying to be better by having the best but you get the idea. I've also realised that as a collection some of these basses in any given year are getting restrung and new batteries (they get a fresh battery each Christmas... ah bless) even though I've only played them a couple of hours (some just in the house). Daft isn't it! I'll analyse why I've reached this decision when I have time to think about it properly.

Oh and every now and again I do daft stuff :huh:

However I'll always have a hankering to try something different!

BTW having no children helps when you are amassing basses... maybe you could read more into that :)

[quote name='andy67' post='129779' date='Jan 29 2008, 09:00 AM']bloody hell!!

10 warwicks - you my man need a grilfriend! on second thought maybe you dont...they produce children and pick yer pockets making all instruments unaffordable!

now I'm envious! :huh:

good luck with the sale, that is some collection![/quote]

If i had the disposable income i could end up the same, Ive had a 91 dolphin for a while now and its an amazing bass. The Infinity is a dream bass for me, despite some of the negativity towards Warwick's ( I was the same before i got the dolphin ) they really are amazing basses. in another league craftsmanship wise. Mine won't be going anywhere soon, i love the plug and play tone, what could i trade it for? a generic fender copy? Warwick the end of GAS ;) ;) :huh:

Mr hunt please don't sell them all, hang on to the best unless your giving up playing ;) you will come back to them.
If you need it i can look after an infinity for you, no charge :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='129795' date='Jan 29 2008, 09:32 AM']I've been playing bass a lot of years and I think you go through phases. I 'think' that subconsciously I've been collecting Warwicks for 20 years to offset the fact that I was never going to be famous and 'maybe' having more and better basses than other people made me a better bass player... that's just me thinking out loud I haven't truly analysed things and I don't genuinely think I was trying to be better by having the best but you get the idea.[/quote]

hmm.. yeah i can kinda relate to that - must admit i'm now thinking about selling everything and just going to one main bass, one spare and a nice simple rig. many basses do not equal happiness!!

anyways, think hard before you do sell as thats quite some stash of basses you have there - i'm particularly liking that thru neck, single pup streamer in the middle there..... hmmmmm.......

peace

c

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='129756' date='Jan 29 2008, 08:22 AM']:huh: You just know that's not going to happen! They are only wood and metal MB... aren't they :)[/quote]

...... mine has Graphite in them too........ No 5's in that overly populated collection then...... not jealous at all...... I have 3 kids you know....

[quote name='crez5150' post='129809' date='Jan 29 2008, 09:43 AM']...... mine has Graphite in them too........ No 5's in that overly populated collection then...... not jealous at all...... I have 3 kids you know....[/quote]

No 5's. No fretless. No Bolt-On. No graphite. No anklebiters.

I won't be selling every single one, apart from anything else I doubt that there are that many Warwick fans in the World at the moment :)

[quote name='3V17C' post='129801' date='Jan 29 2008, 09:38 AM']hmm.. yeah i can kinda relate to that - must admit i'm now thinking about selling everything and just going to one main bass, one spare and a nice simple rig. many basses do not equal happiness!!

anyways, think hard before you do sell as thats quite some stash of basses you have there - i'm particularly liking that thru neck, single pup streamer in the middle there..... hmmmmm.......

peace

c[/quote]

I'm in that place too...... down to just 1 main bass and really happy with it !

Just need a rig and i'm away !! (again)

have to agree , been whittling down my collection for the last year!

The three basses in my avatar pic will be kept all others are either gone or going! no fenders or squire vintage modified basses left only a pile of bits that I was collecting to make my frankenstiener..

I have three kids also and a credit card happy missus!

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='130034' date='Jan 29 2008, 02:42 PM']Are those both stage IIs in the top left?

As per my pm, i'm very interested in the stage I on the bottom right :)

Just got to finish a few deals to get myself square and in a position to give you a solid offer on either that stage I, or a stage II.[/quote]

Yes they are both SSIIs, one is a solid black fronted Bubinga body (with black on the back but the neck is left revealed but lacquered), the black SSI has Bart pups BTW.

You sir are very cruel for offering all these basses at the same time I can afford any of them when I should be getting an Eden rig.........would you say I should I wait longer for the rig and nab one of your Stage II's man:-)??

You know how much i wanted a streamette thingie, im sure i mentioned it, i wanted one sooo bad since 1991ish, infact yours has been my desktop for the last year or so! and i just bought a bass from ishibashi, now i hate you, i do, i really hate you! (walks away mumbling!), pm me with a likely price will ya, just incase my soul suddenly becomes available!