Why become a member? ×

Where to stick my pick

Marvin

Now like many others I use my fingers on some songs and pick on others.

But where should I stick my pick?

I'm terrible for putting stuff in my pockets and losing it. It usually takes me 5 attempts to find my keys :)

BTW I don't sing so I have no mic stand for the use of.

* This is not a serious thread :)*

Always used to park mine between the edge of the scratchplate & the body - helps if a: you play a bass with a scratchplate & b: you don't mind the plate being warped!

As I got more mature & sensible, pockets seemed to work best. These days I do have a mic stand thingy, because one song requires a quick change to pick in the middle...

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1127355' date='Feb 14 2011, 05:53 PM']Always used to park mine between the edge of the scratchplate & the body - helps if a: you play a bass with a scratchplate & b: you don't mind the plate being warped!

As I got more mature & sensible, pockets seemed to work best. These days I do have a mic stand thingy, because one song requires a quick change to pick in the middle...

Jon.[/quote]

I do this as well (jazz and precision anyway). The plate being very slightly bent isn't a big issue for me, never lost a pick this way yet. Put them in the back pocket and they usually end up lost in the washing somewhere...

[quote name='Mlucas' post='1127368' date='Feb 14 2011, 06:00 PM']I normally either keep it in my mouth haha or in a back pocket simply because they are easy access![/quote]
I finished with that habit a couple of weeks ago at a practice night. I was 'moving' the pick around my mouth and nearly choked on it :) I've now stopped. :)

[quote name='Marvin' post='1127375' date='Feb 14 2011, 06:04 PM']I finished with that habit a couple of weeks ago at a practice night. I was 'moving' the pick around my mouth and nearly choked on it :) I've now stopped. :lol:[/quote]
Beat me to it. I was going to refer you to [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=121463"]THIS[/url] sorry tale. I've not heard if he's given birth yet (and would have thought I'd have heard the screams if he had :) )

If you're a bit of a sweaty betty most picks will stick to a damp forehead...and it gets a laff when people notice

[quote name='Marvin' post='1127427' date='Feb 14 2011, 01:45 PM']If that isn't already patented I'd get onto it :)[/quote]

Perhaps an more imaginative approach to pick dispensing could make its way into the variety of ear adornments favoured by some eccentric rock musicians--unless they're concerned about looking silly...