Why become a member? ×

Gibson emasculate world's most manly bass...

Jono Bolton

I personally hate the supreme SGs, I would rather have a worn brown one that were lurking about on ebay a while ago. 900 big boys though. Not something I personally have kicking about. The cherry ones aren't bad either, the white ones are pretty cool, and the black ones are alright too I suppose.

The two SG Supremes were part of Gibsons "Guitar of the Week" promotion (week 1 and week 18 models).

Recently the Fireburst was being offered for $425 on TB

And the natural sold for $1500 on Ebay yesterday.

Even figuring in postage and customs that's much better value than those nasty things Music Ground is selling...

Edited by BigRedX

[quote name='Deep Thought' post='128726' date='Jan 27 2008, 03:18 PM']I've never liked Gibson SG's in any form-those little battle-axey horns just bug me. In fact I can't think of a symmetrical bass I've ever liked-there's the old P-bass traditionalist rearing his ugly head again! The only Gibson bass I've ever liked is the Victory-that's a bass I'd still like to own.[/quote]

I think the Les Paul (singlecut) looks great...

Never played one though, and they're reckoned to be pretty uncomfortable due to lack of contouring.

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='128411' date='Jan 26 2008, 07:58 PM']I think they charge over the top for them, a good EB-0 for example is worth about £600 imho.

Gibson basses have gotta have a natural finish in my book, but your white eb-3 is really nice :)[/quote]

I imported a new natural SG Supreme (identical to the flamed maple one pictured) a few weeks back, with the intention of using it as my spare bass when gigging, but I cant really get on with the sound. Its so different from my main gigging tool (a Pedula Rapture) that I couldnt swap mid gig without drastic knob twiddlling. I know, I didnt think it through properly. I actually paid £600 for it, including shipping and import taxes, so its yours if you want it for the same price! The only thing I have done to it is fit straplocks. Its absolutely pristine, only played for 15 mins, and I know this post will probably get moved to the "for sale" section, but this thread made me think of selling it to a more appreciative 'chatter than me.

Bob