Why become a member? ×

FOR SALE - TOKAI HARDPUNCHER (BLACK 1980'S)

greendredmusic

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1104789' date='Jan 27 2011, 09:39 AM']Drag a cloth over it and you might get a few bob more. :)[/quote]

He he! Thanks for the tip, I know it's not everyone's preference but I've kind of taken pride in never cleaning this bass - I much prefer seeing the history in it and maybe it's just me but I think a grubby road worn bass is the kind of instrument that has clearly 'lived' and somehow carries a bit of a story. It's only my humble opinion but if I was looking for a bass its one of the things that would attract me personally. Appreciate your input though.

[quote name='greendredmusic' post='1105876' date='Jan 28 2011, 08:56 AM']He he! Thanks for the tip, I know it's not everyone's preference but I've kind of taken pride in never cleaning this bass - I much prefer seeing the history in it and maybe it's just me but I think a grubby road worn bass is the kind of instrument that has clearly 'lived' and somehow carries a bit of a story. It's only my humble opinion but if I was looking for a bass its one of the things that would attract me personally. Appreciate your input though.[/quote]

I would agree with outshined. A lived in bass is one thing, a dirty bass would give me the impression the owner didnt care and hadnt looked after the bass

[quote name='dr1' post='1106253' date='Jan 28 2011, 02:37 PM']being a P bassman, have a BUMP from me! what would be chances for shiping the bass to Bosnia?[/quote]

I wouldn't mind shipping it but I don't have a case for it and I'd be really nervous putting it in cardboard on such a long trip, also might not be worth it money wise, what do you think? p.s. thanks for the bump!

Man I don't understand why all you snobby bass players are so bothered about the fact I haven't "wiped" the bass? Whats wrong with you all? If you like the tokai then buy it and wipe it yourself - no need to be a little bitch and moan about it! It's clearly an amazing bass, if it bothers you then you can always wipe it yourself when it arrives or if your scared of breaking a nail then you can get your butler to do it - it won't change anything, it will still be the same kick ass bass. Now grow some balls girls.

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='1106312' date='Jan 28 2011, 03:31 PM']Grow some yourself,or is that too rawk for you ?[/quote]
Who's the one crying about an un-wiped bass? Oh hang on I think I hear your mommy calling she says your not allowed to go out and play with the band until you wipe your bass. Naughty.

Dealing on an unregulated forum such as BassChat is all about mutual trust. With respect greendredmusic you are not coming across as someone it would be nice to do business with. Call me a mommy's boy or whatever, I couldn't care less. But I wouldn't buy a bass off you unless you dropped the attitude and became more helpful

[quote name='greendredmusic' post='1106320' date='Jan 28 2011, 03:39 PM']Who's the one crying about an un-wiped bass? Oh hang on I think I hear your mommy calling she says your not allowed to go out and play with the band until you wipe your bass. Naughty.[/quote]

I like the look of this bass, unwiped or not........great build the Tokais' and an all black P is very cool .............but dude, you're not doing your sale any favours on this forum with that sort of reply.

John

[quote name='Clarky' post='1106328' date='Jan 28 2011, 03:43 PM']Dealing on an unregulated forum such as BassChat is all about mutual trust. With respect greendredmusic you are not coming across as someone it would be nice to do business with. Call me a mommy's boy or whatever, I couldn't care less. But I wouldn't buy a bass off you unless you dropped the attitude and became more helpful[/quote]
I understand mate, the mutual trust thing is a given - not sure how I can be more helpful: I've answered all the questions I've received accurately and quickly. I just see no need for bass snobbery that's all.

[quote name='greendredmusic' post='1106338' date='Jan 28 2011, 03:53 PM']I understand mate, the mutual trust thing is a given - not sure how I can be more helpful: I've answered all the questions I've received accurately and quickly. I just see no need for bass snobbery that's all.[/quote]

It's not snobbery, it's hygiene.

[quote name='greendredmusic' post='1106307' date='Jan 28 2011, 03:27 PM']Man I don't understand why all you snobby bass players are so bothered about the fact I haven't "wiped" the bass? Whats wrong with you all? If you like the tokai then buy it and wipe it yourself - no need to be a little bitch and moan about it! It's clearly an amazing bass, if it bothers you then you can always wipe it yourself when it arrives or if your scared of breaking a nail then you can get your butler to do it - it won't change anything, it will still be the same kick ass bass. Now grow some balls girls.[/quote]

I have no interest in your listing, I already have an early black Tokai,
What you did have is several suggestions how you may improve your chance of selling your Tokai, and getting the best price for it.
Ask yourself the question, how many comments have you had saying yeah, the dirty bass makes it look better versus the people who say it looks naff.
If you sell it at full price, good luck to you, if it doesnt sell, or only reaches minimum price, ask yourself whose bothered about it, It wont be me, and ask yourself how many people have been put off by your refusal to clean it and your arrogant attitude

Interesting, and possibly should be being discussed elsewhere, but - I don't scrupulously clean my basses that often, just a wipe over from time to time, however I wouldn't consider selling a bass that wasn't immaculately clean,.

Personally I find it f*cking vile to buy an instrument & then have to spent hours scraping some disgusting sod's encrusted filth off it before I can stomach playing it. Maybe that's just me but it happens a lot.

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1106401' date='Jan 28 2011, 04:38 PM']Interesting, and possibly should be being discussed elsewhere, but - I don't scrupulously clean my basses that often, just a wipe over from time to time, however I wouldn't consider selling a bass that wasn't immaculately clean,.

Personally I find it f*cking vile to buy an instrument & then have to spent hours scraping some disgusting sod's encrusted filth off it before I can stomach playing it. Maybe that's just me but it happens a lot.

Jon.[/quote]

Doesn't that fence hurt your arse Jon :) ?
Karl.