Why become a member? ×

Mmmmm....

neilb

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Precision-Bass-Guitar-USA-Padded-Bag-Cable-/260726571454?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3cb483c1be#ht_3934wt_1141"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Precision-Bas...#ht_3934wt_1141[/url]

Edited by neilb

[quote name='steve-soar' post='1101937' date='Jan 25 2011, 11:48 AM']And of course, the famous Fender THREE screw bridge.[/quote]
Are you lot looking at the same pictures I can see? I quite like it apart from the chips :)

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1101977' date='Jan 25 2011, 12:24 PM']Take a long, hard look at the word "Precision":

You seem to own a few genuine Fenders ... what do you think?[/quote]

I can't see, you'll have to enlighten me please! All my Fender head logos are different, none like that, but here's one very similar in a book I saw:

[quote name='KiOgon' post='1102032' date='Jan 25 2011, 01:05 PM']I can't see, you'll have to enlighten me please! All my Fender head logos are different, none like that, but here's one very similar in a book I saw:[/quote]
The "I" between the "S" and the "O" is much more squeezed in the questionable one than on the one in the book. In fact, there's a lot of uneven spacing. Compare with this:

which is a '74 so not identical, but does show how Fender space the letters evenly.

Edited by tauzero

[quote name='KiOgon' post='1102032' date='Jan 25 2011, 01:05 PM']I can't see, you'll have to enlighten me please! All my Fender head logos are different, none like that, but here's one very similar in a book I saw:[/quote]

Flick your eyes between the two back and forth - are you seriously telling me you find these "very similar"?

The fonts are completely different in terms of serifs and stem widths. The kerning on the ebay one is so bad it almost reads "PR ECISION BA SS"

[quote name='neepheid' post='1102064' date='Jan 25 2011, 01:19 PM']Flick your eyes between the two back and forth - are you seriously telling me you find these "very similar"?

The fonts are completely different in terms of serifs and stem widths. The kerning on the ebay one is so bad it almost reads "PR ECISION BA SS"[/quote]

Yes I can see that now you mention it :) Just thought maybe it was a bad transfer :)

I'm sure I can see 5 screws in the bridge though?

It just looks a bit weird.
The headstock looks out of proportion with the body, the scratch plate looks too big and the knobs look a little small.
The writing on the headstock looks pretty bad too. Even if it did resemble the one in that book, the book goes on to say something like 'this is common of 1970's basses etc etc'.

Nope. Not having it!

Truckstop

[quote name='KiOgon' post='1102089' date='Jan 25 2011, 01:32 PM']Yes I can see that now you mention it :) Just thought maybe it was a bad transfer :)[/quote]

Yup - hence my original comment about LetraSet.

Fender don't do bad transfers, Fakers do bad transfers.

I used to say that my 8-year-old could have done a better job than that, but that was seven years ago.

My 15-year-old could have done a [b][i]much [/i][/b]better job than that.

[quote name='neepheid' post='1102210' date='Jan 25 2011, 02:58 PM']I'm tempted to pose as a seller and kick the [s]seller[/s]tyres, seeing as it purports to be located in Aberdeen.[/quote]

Go on - go on - go on, I would if I was closer than t'other end of country :)