Why become a member? ×

Bass bashes

bassjamm

[quote name='Johngh' post='123010' date='Jan 18 2008, 06:08 PM']I think it might have been Status (the man not the bass) as he got the nickname 2 puds ![/quote]

Ah! Of course! I believe Chris '2 puds' was the first meet. Not sure if I made it to that one. The pics of BassJamm in a pudding bowl must have been the following bash. That was such a good meet. Hope the next ones are just as good.

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='123046' date='Jan 18 2008, 07:05 PM']YAY! Bass Bash :huh: ;) ;)

as the [i]set-up masterclass [/i]was so popular last time, would anyone be up for doing one again?
I'd find it useful to be setting up my own following the instructions as it happens. :)[/quote]

I'll be doing one on how to acquire a new 175 gauge F# string free of charge.

and how to get away from an unstable suspension bridge, undetected.

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='123046' date='Jan 18 2008, 07:05 PM']YAY! Bass Bash :huh: ;) ;)

as the [i]set-up masterclass [/i]was so popular last time, would anyone be up for doing one again?
I'd find it useful to be setting up my own following the instructions as it happens. :)[/quote]

That sounds like a really good idea. Surely other masterclasses could be held as well.

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='123056' date='Jan 18 2008, 07:16 PM']That sounds like a really good idea. Surely other masterclasses could be held as well.[/quote]

Yeah, totally. I think it's areally good idea! There are so many things that are a lot easier to demonstrate visually than by writing on a forum. Maybe we should get a list together of useful topics or things that people would like covering?

[quote name='dood' post='123060' date='Jan 18 2008, 07:20 PM']Yeah, totally. I think it's areally good idea! There are so many things that are a lot easier to demonstrate visually than by writing on a forum. Maybe we should get a list together of useful topics or things that people would like covering?[/quote]

Maybe quick lessons on techniques, and musical ideas or genres. And a pdf file to take home to boot. That would be awesome!

[quote name='wizbat' post='123070' date='Jan 18 2008, 07:39 PM']I hope I can make it to the northampton one this year, I was gutted that I couldn,t make last years.[/quote]

Can you bring your tour rig lol lol lol!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we need a bigger room ;o)

One things for sure and thats that we won't all agree on a venue or a date so I think Ped should just book something and then worry about who can make it.

I remember the thread on the South East bash that seemed to go on for about 6 months until everyone had agreed where and when :-)

Just my opinion. Get it booked!!

Steve

[quote name='ped' post='122804' date='Jan 18 2008, 12:53 PM']HI Jamie,

There is a bash being planned with Mike @ Bassdirect somewhere around Leamington Spa at the moment. I have however just asked for the contact details for the usual Northampton venue because it seemed a hit with everyone, so I will book it in due course for around March/April time to give everyone plenty of notice....

Does that sound OK with everyone?

Cheers
ped[/quote]

Here's the details for the place we used the last couple of times:

The Turnpike, Harpole Turn, Weedon Road, Harpole, Northamptonshire, NN7 4DD

Tel: 01604 832340

Andy

[quote name='dood' post='122966' date='Jan 18 2008, 04:47 PM']Wasn't it BassJamm who won the pudding eating competition?? I think Homer had the pictures?[/quote]

Ah yes...still got all those pics...erm, let me see, was it this one?

or maybe...this one where Jamie fell into the pud...

Got some good ones of you too Dood....