Why become a member? ×

Whole lotta Rosie

arthurhenry

Almost always when I've seen bands do this, the bass player plays it a la Mark Evans on the original recording where the bass doubles the guitar riff through the verses. However, for the last 32 years Cliff Williams has played a straight A pedal through the verses and indeed, this is how it's played on what many consider to be the definitive recording from the If you want blood live album. I prefer it that way myself.

I always follow the riff as we only have 1 guitarist. Love this tune and it always goes down surprisingly well. You can hear us playing it on our myspace page. Recorded live in studio before our keyboard player left so it's got a keys solo which is poss a bit different.

www.myspace.com/crudemeasure

We play it in our trio, i double the riff apart from during the solo where i double the low riff only. well thats how we do it rightly or wrongly. Oh and fast, it has to be fast. We did it once where the drummer brought us in way too slow and we ended up beating him with his own sticks, slow is shyte. :)