Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Warwick don't half do some interesting stuff

far0n

[quote name='RichardFoggo' post='1020534' date='Nov 11 2010, 06:53 PM']i like the NT corvette, the rest are . . . meh![/quote]
+1

Looks like a $$ neck-thru with 2xMEC JJs instead of 2xMMHB. And blocks on a Maple 'board. Nice.
But even better if they'd move the bridge pick-up closer to the bridge as on the Infinities and Dolphins. Gives a nice "tight" edge to the tone.

Warwick seem to be so taken for granted these days. I think they have destryed any mystique they may have had with their carpet bomb approach to publicity.

What you get for you money on the standard German models is absolutely stunning. They have taken Leo's principles of simplicity, usability and good design to a much, much higher level. Almost everything on their basses is so well thought out, from the ergonomics to the top nut. They are the easiest basses to get set up to your needs, and quality control and construction is exemplary. Some of them look hideous, some are utterly beautiful.

But some people have a problem with them. German efficiency producing what they think is a souless instrument? Who knows? I just know mine are lovely to play, sound great, and they have never let me down.

BGM, I think, made a very salient point regarding the TM Stevens bass. It's a great instrument; and, as such it's priced in the pro-range; but when, necessarily, is a pro going to want to have that look? It's not exactly a mass market - or even a significant portion of that market - product.

That said, it is a very 'honest' signature bass - the man has obviously had some significant input into the product; and fans will, as expected, very much welcome it.

P-Nut had a much more 'accessible' signature bass, to my mind. That one I could have gotten the credit card out for.

[quote name='Gust0o' post='1021284' date='Nov 12 2010, 12:32 PM']P-Nut had a much more 'accessible' signature bass, to my mind. That one I could have gotten the credit card out for.[/quote]

The P-Nut bass looks lovely.

Out of the four pictured I quite like the Corvette,but I'm unsure on the rest.
The T.M Stevens will surely have very limited appeal due to the finish-especially at that price.
The Bootsy model is ok,but is really just an Infinity that's been painted.Also,when I think of a Bootsy bass,I'm thinking Space Bass not Warwick.
The Zender model is pretty ugly,I think,and about 12 years too late.