Why become a member? ×

Nottingham Bass Bash 2010

Tait

[quote name='funkypenguin' post='1024060' date='Nov 14 2010, 09:55 PM']I might be able to come down from Manc for this, how far from the train station is the venue?[/quote]

Its a 15 min car journey from the station. A bit too far to walk. I'm happy to pop into town and give anyone a lift if needed from the station?

Ok, first post quickly updated because I'm in a bit of a rush. I'm going to make it 1.30pm until 6.00pm, because I can't guarentee I'll be there for 1.00pm, I have fencing 11.00-12.00, and whilst usually I'd skip it, I've got my coaching assessment the next day so I'd like to try and get that session in.

First post-bash post!

Twas good fun, got to meet a lot of great people, try some new basses, and put names to faces. Good laugh all around!

My favourite item of the day was the Barefaced Midget - was very impressed by the volume/sound to size/weight ratio.

What were others' favourite(s)?

Was a fun day, nice to meet plenty of like-minded people.

Barefaced was certainly a pleasant surprise. Mikes Sei also struck a note with me (as well as his hair :))...

A few pics I took - Apologies they were taken on a poor iPhone cam in a badly lit room, but figured I should post them anyway -

Actually the pics are REALLY bad :)

Shep

Edited by pantherairsoft

Had a wicked afternoon ta guys, a pleasure to meet you all. Worth staying up for after a night at work, but i'll suffer tonight!

The Barefaced was definately a highlight for me too, amazing for something the size of a largish briefcase!

Many, many wonderful basses though!
I think the Wood&tronics would definately of been top had it had enough strings! The Marseer was awesome too. That Sei had something as well.... Ah too many to choose from!

Got to say I was impressed by simon1964's black Ricky with black scraptchplate and black truss rod cover. Seriously cool.

mcgrahams Wood and Tronics basses were superb, a sweeter tone you will never hear, they were brilliant, and this was through the Barefaces midget, which in itself was astonishing for such a wee thing.

I've got to apologise for saying I'd *definitely* be there - then not turning up.

We had the death of a close family friend & I had to drive from Loughborough to just outside Hungerford Berks. on Friday, then back again.

To be honest, there was no way I could face going to the Bass Bash on Saturday.

Sorry guys.

G.

Great afternoon. :)

Never been to one of these before but would definately go again.

Met some nice people and managed to put a few user names to some faces, although
some remain a mystery - perhaps we sould do "Paddington Bear" type name tags next time. :lol:

DaveC had some really nice gear and a newly acquired Roland Bass Synth pedal, fitted to a Cort.
Some great sounds.
Simon had some very nice basses and from the same family, a self built, completed in five days.
Most impressed!
The Barefaced cab really impressed me - so small and yet so powerful - very tempting.

A few lads in the corner, noodling of five and six strings had a lot of attn, as we gathered round to watch.
Too many strings for me! :)

First time I had seen a GUS in the flesh and found a Yamaha from the same owner, that was heavier than
some of my basses!

Simon took a great shot of my twin - the guy playing it in the pic, standing next to DaveC, had a very nice
MIJ Jazz with period tuners fitted - lovely to play but had a issue with the badck pup. Hope you get it sorted

All in all, a well worth event.
If you get chance to go to one in your area - make the effort, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Look forward to the next one.

Cheers. :D

Thanks for all the compliments for the Barefaced midget, can't recommend it enough to anyone .

My praise has to go to the W&T Klimt that McGraham brought along with his tickling his strings technique.

Really enjoyed playing some fine basses, and a good laugh meeting everyone.

Looking forward to another bash in the future.