Why become a member? ×

Nottingham Bass Bash 2010

Tait

Ok, been a while since I came back to this thread.

Here is some gear I'll definatly be taking, but 20th is 12 days away and by then I'm
Sure I'll have something else in the collection.

Stingray
Markbass LMTube
Barefaced Midget
And my pedal board which includes : sansamp para driver, boss LMB-3 and Boss TU-2

Hey guys,

I'll be attending so put me down on the list

I can bring

Dingwall Combustion 5
Warwick Thumb BO4 with Bartolini pickups and Nordstrand pre-amp
Warwick Jazzman BO4

Genz-Benz Shuttle Max 12.0

Mark Bass 6x10 Cab if anyone wants a play!

See you all there!

Dan

Yes I still have it. However it's in storage at the moment as I don't have any need for it in either of the bands I'm currently playing with. Also I found that I could get what I considered to be a better upright tone out of my Lightwave Bass. If I'm able to dig it out before next weekend I'll bring it along. Don't expect me to be able to play much on it though.

[quote name='J3ster' post='1022225' date='Nov 13 2010, 10:05 AM']Not too far from me so I may be able to make this but will not know until friday unfortunetly.
If I do I'll try to bring

Wood and Tronics Custom 4
Mayones Custom 4
Skjold Custom 5
Genz Benz[/quote]

You been shopping at Bass Direct a lot by any chance :)

Was nearly tempted to get a Skjold, lovely looking basses.

[quote name='dbass' post='1022272' date='Nov 13 2010, 11:07 AM']You been shopping at Bass Direct a lot by any chance :)

Was nearly tempted to get a Skjold, lovely looking basses.[/quote]

Picked up the Skjold on Ebay for a real bargin. I have to say Pete in my opinion makes some of the best Basses avilable at the moment - Although I am currently looking at a Stambaugh...

Edited by J3ster

[quote name='BigRedX' post='1022199' date='Nov 13 2010, 09:39 AM']Yes I still have it. However it's in storage at the moment as I don't have any need for it in either of the bands I'm currently playing with. Also I found that I could get what I considered to be a better upright tone out of my Lightwave Bass. If I'm able to dig it out before next weekend I'll bring it along. Don't expect me to be able to play much on it though.[/quote]

Cheers mate, i'm thinking of purchasing one, but have yet to try it!
Lightwave bass as in the light pickup system? Very interesting if so! I seem to recall them being big money thought (certainly when they came out at least).

I don't think that the Lightwave basses particularly pricey for what they are - I paid around £600 for mine with both fretted and fretless necks (second hand off ebay) including shipping from the US and VAT/duty.

At some point I'll probably be selling it as it's only a 4-string and nearly all the music I play these days requires 5-string basses, I just need to find a 5-string Lightwave that looks and plays as good as mine.

I'll see what I can do about getting my Stagg EUB to the bash, but I can't promise anything. Does anyone else who's coming have one? (I'm sure someone brought one last time).

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1023011' date='Nov 13 2010, 11:32 PM']Sorry of this has been covered already...

What time are things being kicked off next Saturday? Do we have to vacate by a certain time?

Shep[/quote]

Post 63 - the room is booked from 1pm to 6pm.

Looking forward to it - looks like there's going to be some fantastic gear there!

[quote name='simon1964' post='1023015' date='Nov 13 2010, 11:40 PM']Post 63 - the room is booked from 1pm to 6pm.

Looking forward to it - looks like there's going to be some fantastic gear there![/quote]

Cheers bud!

I will unfortunately not be bringing the EBS rig now, but looking at post one we may run out of space for amps!

My RIM Marseer is being delivered tomorrow though so happily I will definitely have that to bring along :)

[quote]I'll see what I can do about getting my Stagg EUB to the bash, but I can't promise anything. Does anyone else who's coming have one? (I'm sure someone brought one last time).[/quote]

No worries, it'd be nice if you can but i'll live! There's a pint or 2 in it for ya mind :)

[quote]My RIM Marseer is being delivered tomorrow though so happily I will definitely have that to bring along[/quote]

Nice.....

[quote]looking at post one we may run out of space for amps![/quote]

Will there be enough spoeaker cabs if i don't lug mine along? They're not too special tbh.
I'll bring my AI Clarus though if people fancy a whirl....

change of plan! i may be able to attend, that days gig was cancelled!

if i can make it, is there much parking, easy load in? how much stuff to bring? do we have to pay on the door or is it just beer money?

cheers all!

btw look at my sig to see if theres anything in particular needs bringing along, if not i'll just bring my gigging rig!

theres a crown xls602 and spector legend 5 custom to add to that too!

Edited by rmshaw37

[quote name='rmshaw37' post='1023431' date='Nov 14 2010, 02:30 PM']change of plan! i may be able to attend, that days gig was cancelled!

if i can make it, is there much parking, easy load in? how much stuff to bring? do we have to pay on the door or is it just beer money?

cheers all!

btw look at my sig to see if theres anything in particular needs bringing along, if not i'll just bring my gigging rig!

theres a crown xls602 and spector legend 5 custom to add to that too![/quote]

There's loads of parking and the room is on the ground floor. Luke has suggested £6.00 on the door to cover the room costs (post 72) - Luke, might be worth putting that into the first post?

Change of my gear list as I've sold the CIJ Jazz and it will be in the Czech Republic by next Saturday. I'll bring the new G&L though if its arrived!

rmshaw - can you bring the Spector please? I fancy trying one of those!

Agree about the 1st post update.. This threads getting quite long. Maybe a list... Times, cost, address, parkin details etc etc.

Seriously looking forward to this now. Going to be a great day. Are sorting any sort of name badges so we can be identified as our forum user names without having 20 real names & forum names to try and remember. Might avoid everyone calling each other 'mate' all day! :)

Shep