Why become a member? ×

Not enough threads about Level 42

thisnameistaken

Can I say that, in addition to seeing Level 42 in 1983 at Oxford Poly, I also saw Renaissance ('the Northern Lights') a few years before that

There aren't enough Renaissance threads

In fact this may be the first mention of Renaissance ever on BassChat. Fancy that?

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='981990' date='Oct 8 2010, 08:32 PM']Flea is sh*t since Mark King left...

(I don't know what i mean either)[/quote]
Ha! no but it was funny.

dont know aboutyou but i would like to know whats better a Pbass or a Jazz bass?

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='982013' date='Oct 8 2010, 08:50 PM']Please don't compare the mighty Rush to Level 42 again. I find it offensive.[/quote]
Rush haven't been the band they were since Mark King left :) :) :lol:

Edited by Marvin

[quote name='bubinga5' post='982007' date='Oct 8 2010, 08:47 PM']Ha! no but it was funny.

dont know aboutyou but i would like to know whats better a Pbass or a Jazz bass?[/quote]

Jazz Basses are utter crap...
Precision Basses also have numerous design Flaws.
Fender on the whole are gash.

But if you choose anything more expensive, you're obviously some kind of bellend.

Slap is dated and sh*t, and playing with a pick is for talentless morons. If you play with Fingers, you're steady and workmanlike, but too flashy for some, yet not enough for others.

Er...trying to think of other things to whinge about, i mean, why on earth would we have to agree to disagree?..blah.

Still, i've always been a Level42 fan, and while they may 'offend' some they're still enjoyable for others.

Shame on me.

Edited by AndyTravis

Damn, sorry guys - I was in the wrong thread.

Just seen the title on this thread and you're spot on mate - there can never be enough threads on Level 42, the great Mark King and may I also suggest Rush as they are one of my all time fav. bands.

I wonder what happened to Triumph the Rush-lite of their time - I need to go google, but keep up the good thread on Level 42. Did I also say I saw Level 42 back in their heyday at Leeds Uni. top class act. Anyway, back to googling for Triumph :)

EDIT: I'm back from a little google and look what I found - one for the bassists (not quite Mark King or Geddy Lee but nice white Jazz, fits in well with the white flairs).

Now off to find this Rush42 - they sound the bee's knee's.

Edited by purpleblob

Dear Learner: It happens to me, the Yi is not answering your question but pointing events to come in your own life (only you can know for sure if this is indeed true) The very good thing is from 42:3 indicates that with some work on your part, you will experience Increase.
The former reading 42:2,3,5 = 26 Well, well how nice 42:2 usually means money and its not from any effort on your part. 42:3 has already been discussed, and 42:5 indicates peace, prosperity and a wonderfully kind heart. I think this influence is so strong in your aura right now the Yi is not answering. Try this - if you really want a answer to that relationship question, meditate and center yourself and do some sort of ritual before you inquire.
:)

[quote name='bubinga5' post='982025' date='Oct 8 2010, 09:01 PM']tis still killer

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yioVmqlt2Fk&NR=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yioVmqlt2Fk&NR=1[/url][/quote]

It would be better if he didn't feel the need to slap EVERYTHING.

I like the way there is the odd Level 42 song where he picks with his fingers and IIRC one where he plays fretless, just to give credence to fanboys who want to call him versatile.