Why become a member? ×

Dingwall AB1 Blackout 6 String

mattbass6

Here is a picture of my new GAS purchase. I've wanted one of these since the first time I saw them and when I finally got to play one I just had to have it. This is the first time Dingwall have done what they call the "Blackout" which means they have blacked out the headstock and heal on the bass. I am so chuffed with it and it plays like a dream. Can't wait to take it out on tour. Hope you like it :)

Ha ha ha ha ha :) That seems to be the general reaction and was the reaction I first had when I saw it. It is simply stunning and a joy to play. Hopefully, and I don't want to tempt fate here, but just hopefully my GAS has been satisfied for a long while :lol: :)

[quote name='mattbass6' post='980250' date='Oct 7 2010, 09:49 AM']Ha ha ha ha ha :) That seems to be the general reaction and was the reaction I first had when I saw it. It is simply stunning and a joy to play. Hopefully, and I don't want to tempt fate here, but just hopefully my GAS has been satisfied for a long while :lol: :)[/quote]

I'm calling dibs on first refusal for when you decide you still prefer your Yamahas.... :)

[quote name='RhysP' post='980402' date='Oct 7 2010, 11:56 AM']I'm calling dibs on first refusal for when you decide you still prefer your Yamahas.... :)[/quote]

Not gonna happen this time my friend :lol: The TRB6p has gone and I am just left with the TRB6. The intention of this bass was to find the bass that was going to be my bass for now and the foreseeable future. I am totally fed up of all the searching and changing of basses, so after much research, a lot of travelling, a lot of contemplation and a lot of money ( :) ) here I am with my Dingwall and very happy I am too :)

[quote name='Sheldon Dingwall' post='981844' date='Oct 8 2010, 06:10 PM']The C is actually 33-1/4" which makes it sound a little bigger and feel a little more supple than 34"[/quote]

Thank you for letting me / us know, I was told 34" so it is nice to know the correct spec from the man himself :)

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='981907' date='Oct 8 2010, 07:06 PM']Get the measuring tape out!!! lol this bass is seriously sexy though man. Any chance of any more shots?[/quote]

:) This was the shot taken by Dingwall before they shipped it out, so I will definitely take some more pictures and post them this week-end :lol: