Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='264916' date='Aug 18 2008, 08:47 PM']Back spasms I can identify with, it was getting to the point where after a Saturday gig, I'd get on the bus to go into work on the Monday morning and my lower back would be so painful it would bring tears to my eyes. FWIW the only thing I'd mention about my experience of 2x10's is that they probably need to be standing on each other to get the most warmth out of them and (with normal cones) the bottom end wasn't that well defined below 120Hz or so. The two 4 ohm Acmes I had were the best 2x10s I've ever had but they needed a big ol' amp to power them properly.[/quote]

The plan is simply to have 2 2x10's used as a 4x10 but will save the hasstle of moving a complete 4x10 around, and I can use one 2x10 as a stand alone for a small enough gig if need be, and I've had a good play through a EBS Neo 2x10 with a TD650 and it had everything I needed to keep my happy through a gig, so 2 of them would compliment each other very well, I found the 2x12 a bit boomy though but with the 2x10 sounded just right.

[quote name='Josh' post='264925' date='Aug 18 2008, 08:57 PM']The plan is simply to have 2 2x10's used as a 4x10 but will save the hasstle of moving a complete 4x10 around, and I can use one 2x10 as a stand alone for a small enough gig if need be, and I've had a good play through a EBS Neo 2x10 with a TD650 and it had everything I needed to keep my happy through a gig, so 2 of them would compliment each other very well, I found the 2x12 a bit boomy though but with the 2x10 sounded just right.[/quote]
Awesome, well you and I are probably going to end up competing for the next one that comes up in the classifieds :) I haven't found the 2x12 Neo boomy with the Genz Benz head, but I did have to tame the bass a little with the Trace. However that could have well been because of the sheer weight of the head facilitated better acoustic coupling between the cab and hollow stages. Generally I have best results when I'm standing at least 3m from the cab and its right up against a wall.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='264927' date='Aug 18 2008, 09:00 PM']Awesome, well you and I are probably going to end up competing for the next one that comes up in the classifieds :huh: I haven't found the 2x12 Neo boomy with the Genz Benz head, but I did have to tame the bass a little with the Trace. However that could have well been because of the sheer weight of the head facilitated better acoustic coupling between the cab and hollow stages. Generally I have best results when I'm standing at least 3m from the cab and its right up against a wall.[/quote]

Ahhh you get first dibs, I've promised myself that I need to at least buy 1 or 2 things from new, as every bass or amp I've ever owned has been secondhand or thirdhand, so I'll get my 2x10's from either GB Basses or maybe The Gallery.

And having had a pelasent chat with Lee earlier, he mentioned these Auralex ISO pads to help me define my sound when on a wooden stage or where te acoustics seriously affect my tone , I think I may invest in one when I buy the cabs :)

Edited by Josh

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='264901' date='Aug 18 2008, 08:31 PM']EDIT: Here's the other one...

The amp weighs the cab down. :huh:[/quote]
So glad you posted that, it's made my day to see a V8 again. Need ot see one in the flesh still...

Are you able to make the SE Bash and if so can this come along too? :)

[quote name='Merton' post='266190' date='Aug 20 2008, 12:06 PM']So glad you posted that, it's made my day to see a V8 again. Need ot see one in the flesh still...

Are you able to make the SE Bash and if so can this come along too? :huh:[/quote]
Looks like I can probably make it and it's no problem at all to bring the cab and V8. :)

Well I'm totally overwhelmed by some of the the classy kit on here but as I'm only just starting back on the road to greatness here's my cheapo rig, not the bass I hasten to add but the rig only cost me £100.

We're looking at a Jaydee Supernatural Roadie fretless(cheers Rich), a Peavey Mark3 series head(cheers Labougie) and an unknown custom built 1x15 bought VERY cheap on Ebay!(cheers Stuart)

Better find me self a band then!!!

[quote name='jensenmann' post='269053' date='Aug 24 2008, 07:44 PM']I don´t know what you guys need these huge bassrigs for. Here´s what makes my guitarplayer cry (for whatever reason) :)
[attachment=12608:000_0200.JPG][/quote]

that's a really nice head there, but where's the cab?

[quote name='simondee' post='269193' date='Aug 24 2008, 11:08 PM']SWR blue series is amazing, but my drummer would have that lot for breakfast[/quote]

seconded! mind you, anything thats not big enough to smuggle immigrants in has to be cranked to get over our drummer :)

Indeed, these are JBL Control 1 monitors. This "rig" is for practicing at home only. You can´t get any lowend out of it. This helps not to have trouble with children, wife and neighbours. The amp is very nice and it´s one of the few transistoramps which is capable of driving my SVT 8x10 with a good sound.

[quote name='jensenmann' post='269291' date='Aug 25 2008, 08:59 AM']Indeed, these are JBL Control 1 monitors. This "rig" is for practicing at home only. You can´t get any lowend out of it. This helps not to have trouble with children, wife and neighbours. The amp is very nice and it´s one of the few transistoramps which is capable of driving my SVT 8x10 with a good sound.[/quote]

oo that explains it.

yea, i bet that head sounds really good, show us the whole rig!:)