Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

Thanks. :) I was sick and tired of lugging around big heavy cabs, so took the plunge with the GK. Well worth it. I'm over my amp GAS, but every time I come on here I see basses I'd love to own. My next target is a nice Precision - might go down the bitsa route. Cash is scarce at the mo, until I get gigging again... :(

[IMG]http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h352/tony_char/NewRig.jpg[/IMG]

Just finished the grille cloth on my new Cab tonight .. I used to gig with a V4B and an old (large) 2x15, been using a small BA115 in a new band for a few months at small gigs, can't wait to rock this little set up at the weekend :) My entire rig is lighter than my old head. The laney cab is quite a bit lighter than spec after taking off the stupidly heavy (and IMO ugly) steel grille :blink: so retarded on a lightweight cab.

[quote name='Dave Tipping' timestamp='1327965272' post='1519785']
Just finished the grille cloth on my new Cab tonight .. I used to gig with a V4B and an old (large) 2x15, been using a small BA115 in a new band for a few months at small gigs, can't wait to rock this little set up at the weekend :) My entire rig is lighter than my old head. The laney cab is quite a bit lighter than spec after taking off the stupidly heavy (and IMO ugly) steel grille :blink: so retarded on a lightweight cab.
[/quote]

That looks THE BUSINESS mate!
Well done :)

[quote name='Dave Tipping' timestamp='1327965272' post='1519785']

[/quote]

Looks awesome mate, let me know if you want to get rid of the BA115.

Cheers folks! :D I'm pretty chuffed with it myself .. Wayne I probably will be looking to shift the BA115 shortly, I'll ask around locally first. Kent is a bit of a trek from Dundee. Got the head for £435 ( [url="http://www.rainbowmusiconline.co.uk/terror-bass-500"]http://www.rainbowmusiconline.co.uk/terror-bass-500[/url] - local shop as well! ) and the Cab for £240 + £20 of grille cloth and piping .. Not a bad wee rig for Under £700.

This is my lovely rig!

I put the GEM through the effects loop of the Firebass 700. This way, I can crank the GEM to get the lovely warm tube overdriven tone but control the overall volume using the Peavey. In essence, Im using the GEM like a tube drive pedal, but it's got a much more natural and rich tone. The Ampeg cab provides plenty of low-end and volume. Thinking of getting a matching 1x15 cab but don't know if it's worth it!
As you can probably tell, I'm not a fan of hi-fi bass tone.

Truckstop

Here is the latest incarnation of my rig:

Top - 1972 VamPower 100W MkI, loaded with Mullard EL34s and Mullard Mil Spec ECC83 and '2s
Middle - 1975 Orange Hustler Reverb Twin 2x12 (Celestion G12M-70), 100W, Groove Tubes EL34s and various Mullard and Pinnacle pre' valves
Bottom - 1973 Matamp 'White' 4x12, loaded with Celestion BN bass drivers

The bass? Well.. that's not really important is it..? ;)