Why become a member? ×

Who is the best new "supergroup"?

steantval

[quote name='urban Bassman' post='931152' date='Aug 20 2010, 05:34 PM']Black Country Communion ?? Their teaser track is pretty good.

[url="http://www.bccommunion.com/"]http://www.bccommunion.com/[/url]

Did enjoy Chickenfoot and Them Crooked Vultures as well though.[/quote]

Really looking forward to Black Country Communion..............Glenn Hughes on bass.

[quote name='steantval' post='931105' date='Aug 20 2010, 04:30 PM']Chickenfoot

What do you guys think?[/quote]

I think there are a lot of bands doing more interesting things than them, but they are definitely very good at singing songs about how rich they are, and that's a topic that a lot of popular musicians shy away from. Maybe we should be talking about rich people and how many cars they've got, maybe it's important.

Or maybe they're twats and their band is sh*t.

I was really looking forward to the Chickenfoot album, but was quite disappointed (apart from soap on a rope).

However, I became totally addicted to the Them Crooked Vultures album and could listen to little else for about four months. They were amazing live too - particularly Dave Grohl. I really hope they do a follow up - soon.

them crooked vultures, to me at least are not in the remotest bit super! - just cannot get on with josh hommes constantly droney vocals

chickenfoot.. quite good polished american rock but nothing remotely new about it.

both pretty much 'meh'

peace

c

[quote name='Johnston' post='931395' date='Aug 20 2010, 08:27 PM']I was really thinking they were going to be great. I love both JPJ and Grohl. Instead the album was listened to once and forgotten about.[/quote]

yep..same here - in fact it didn't even get put back on the ipod after the great crash of 2010!!

c

Chickenfoot. [i]Runnin' Out[/i], [i]Down The Drain[/i] & [i]Going Down[/i] all on the list for the covers band. Know what you mean about Hagar and Van Halen, but his Montrose stuff & CF are great. Rather see Hagar & Anthony than some 12 year old bass player who stipulates a '[url="http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/van-halen-08?page=2"]study room[/url]' anyday.

Edited by johnnylager

[quote name='johnnylager' post='931401' date='Aug 20 2010, 09:34 PM']Chickenfoot. [i]Runnin' Out[/i], [i]Down The Drain[/i] & [i]Going Down[/i] all on the list for the covers band. Know what you mean about Hagar and Van Halen, but his Montrose stuff & CF are great. Rather see Hagar & Anthony than some 12 year old bass player who stipulates a '[url="http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/van-halen-08?page=2"]study room[/url]' anyday.

[/quote]Hak, hak, hak, bluewwww. I haven't ate carrots for days....and there they are!

[quote name='KevB' post='931371' date='Aug 20 2010, 08:58 PM']I'd definitely go see BCC if they played reasonably close to me when they finally tour. Probably catch Glenn's solo tour next month.[/quote]

+1 for BCC. Also off to see Glenn next month at Nottingham.

Just another opinion but - as someone who loved Van Halen and Montrose back in the day - I absolutely HATED that Youtube Chickenfoot track, Soap on a Rope. Tired and formulaic beyond belief. On the other hand, I like much of the Them Crooked Vultures album although some of it should have been left on the cutting room floor - it would have made a cracking 50-55 minute album, not the 70-odd (or whatever it is) minutes with filler that it turned out. Anyways my vote between the two is a definite TCV

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='931236' date='Aug 20 2010, 06:50 PM']I think there are a lot of bands doing more interesting things than them, but they are definitely very good at singing songs about how rich they are, and that's a topic that a lot of popular musicians shy away from. Maybe we should be talking about rich people and how many cars they've got, maybe it's important.

Or maybe they're twats and their band is sh*t.[/quote]

Nothing wrong with being rich (if you have earned it) and having lots of cars, especially American muscle cars.