Why become a member? ×

99p bass

Mr. Foxen

He'll get banned. He plainly thinks he's being a smartarse & dodging fees by doing this, he's something of a newb to selling and it hasn't occurred to him that Ebay might have encountered this sort of stunt before. Those mental Chinese sellers from a few years ago used to do this all the time.

Jon.

[quote name='umph' post='930859' date='Aug 20 2010, 01:02 PM']won it[/quote]

Think I'll take one of his other items... hmmm only trouble is that if I organise my own courier he isn't going to be there (or will plain refuse) to have it collected! I do how ever have family down in Corby. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='930997' date='Aug 20 2010, 03:01 PM']Think I'll take one of his other items... hmmm only trouble is that if I organise my own courier he isn't going to be there (or will plain refuse) to have it collected! I do how ever have family down in Corby. :)[/quote]
haha, if he does let you collect could be intresting, i've not heard back from him yet. May have to copy and paste the part about sellers having to charge fair postage fees.

[quote name='umph' post='931282' date='Aug 20 2010, 07:41 PM']haha, if he does let you collect could be intresting, i've not heard back from him yet. May have to copy and paste the part about sellers having to charge fair postage fees.[/quote]

detail below

[url="http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/selling-practices.html#5"]http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/sell...ractices.html#5[/url]

Quote 'Postage and related charges

Be sure to specify P&P charges and related service charges in your listings.[size=4] It's against our rules to provide unclear or misleading delivery information or charging unreasonable fees for postage and related services.[/size]'

[quote name='cameltoe' post='933690' date='Aug 23 2010, 02:14 PM']Can you not buy it and pay, wait for it to arrive, and then dispute it through paypal and get the postage back? Claim you never realised, just looked at the total cost. I don't see how they won't refund it, if he's only paid £13 to post it.[/quote]

Now 'that' is very devious... I like your way of thinking! :)

[quote name='Annoying Twit' post='933713' date='Aug 23 2010, 02:32 PM']I'd be concerned about ebay not refunding the postage though.[/quote]

As would I but you'd be amazed how often ebay/paypal favour the buyer... especially if they thought they could stamp on the postage overcharging, which diddles eBay out of fees.

Saying all of that, the guy is just trying to get a decent price for his items whilst circumventing the eBay fees... can't blame him for the latter part of that. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='933719' date='Aug 23 2010, 02:34 PM']As would I but you'd be amazed how often ebay/paypal favour the buyer... especially if they thought they could stamp on the postage overcharging, which diddles eBay out of fees.

Saying all of that, the guy is just trying to get a decent price for his items whilst circumventing the eBay fees... can't blame him for the latter part of that. :)[/quote]

If you don't like how Ebay works, don't use it!.. As much as I hate Ebay, you get more punters as it provides a service.. So use it or not.. It' not smart.

In terms of contract law he's agreed to 99p, you accept, he's screwed.. The P&P is breach of the Ebay rules, so that is the point to argue.

I've reported the amp and cab, but it's still there!!!.. I might buy it, if ebay do nothing.. it's worth the drive from London :-)

Just pay the 99p on PayPal..

[quote name='algmusic' post='933855' date='Aug 23 2010, 04:39 PM']In terms of contract law he's agreed to 99p, you accept, he's screwed.. The P&P is breach of the Ebay rules, so that is the point to argue.[/quote]

I'm not convinced on that point. The contract formed includes a charge of £200 for p&p. I'm not sure there's a legal limit on how much can be charged for p&p. Ebay has its own rules, but they do not create law.

[quote name='Annoying Twit' post='933890' date='Aug 23 2010, 04:58 PM']I'm not convinced on that point. The contract formed includes a charge of £200 for p&p. I'm not sure there's a legal limit on how much can be charged for p&p. Ebay has its own rules, but they do not create law.[/quote]

I understand your point but I think you've missed my point mine. I meant that the contract agreed apon is technically legally binding regardless if ebay get involved or not. The issue of whether the P&P has technically enabled the buyer not to agree to pay the P&P charges according to Ebay rules. When you click bid, you're technically legally bound, but within the rules that Ebay set. The Seller inorder to sell as signed up to agreeing to pay by Ebay rules.

But in a nutshell, I think the seller just might agrue, that since they have not sold under rules set by ebay, the bid was never valid so he technically refuse the sale..

I was just saying you could frighten them that regardless of ebay, he shouldn't offer an item for 99p as technically any seller could arrange to pick it up regardless.. As I the offer is 99p. You can't force P&P unless you make it very clear P&P at the point of sale that is the only was to receive the goods in question.